“Nice Local and has A/C.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Portside Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookings
Portside Suites
You added Portside Suites to your Saves list
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice Local and has A/C.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We found this place after a bad experience at another hotel w/o a/c. Linda at the front desk was so very helpful in getting our 4 nights stay at the last minute. the suite was perfect. lots of room, storage, kitchenette, and very nicely decorated and very clean. the patio was large and even though it did not over look the ocean, it did have nice views and shared them with the multi-million dollar homes across the bay. the price for the suite was much less than the ocean view we left.
we will definetly stay here from now on.
thanks again, linda.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TexasTravler45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a great stay at the Portside Suites. Driving in, we were a little worried as the location seemed to be more of an industrial area down by the docks, and the view from the room is kind of odd, but because the rooms themselves are so outstanding, the view was not a problem.
These suites really are great for a longer stay as there is a comfortable living area with a full couch and a nice table and chairs. We were able to eat several meals in the room, and it was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave too. Everything was in excellent condition with attractive furnishings and clean and newer kitchen appliances. We just would have liked some napkins, utensils, etc. but were able to make do after a trip to the town's grocery store. There is plenty to do in the area, and we were so glad to have such a nice base for our stay.
The bed was great, and the only change I would suggest is to the ugly bedspreads. If that is all one would see of this place, it would be easy to think the units outdated and cheap, and they're not. We also liked that the bedroom of our suite had sliding doors out to a balcony, and we enjoyed opening the doors for a cool breeze, but the view is out on stacks of fishing equipment, etc. so it wasn't really a place to linger for the scenery. I also appreciated having a 2nd sink and seating area in the bedroom. That was a nice bonus, along with the 2nd TV in the bedroom.
I thought the price was very reasonable for all you get, too. I looked at staying at the Best Western, which is just down the road beachfront, and the price was much more expensive. I am very happy we stayed where we did and paid a fair price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ArtKC
Morgan Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Portside Suites is a family-owned property located at the Harbor of Brookings, about a four minute walk from the beach. Their rooms are comfortable and quiet (almost never completely booked...) and they have a suite-type of arrangement (you can order a spa room if you are so-minded...but I find that the room always smells like a pool -- we avoid them--)

Rooms come included with a refrigerator and microwave, and there are TV's in both the bedroom and dining area. A good sized laundry room is on the first floor with detergent and softener available in their vending machines. If you use their reservation system, you'll see that the rooms all have a nautical name associated with them (we usually stay in the Captain's Quarters) but all of the rooms are pretty nice.

Hungry" The Blue Water Cafe is located next door,, and a has a decent breakfast lunch or dinner that won't break your budget. Find their menu at http://www.bluewater-cafe.com/

We come up here to visit family three or four times a year, and to enjoy the laid-back lifestyle that represents the Oregon Coast. We've always found the staff at the hotel to be very helpful, (usually the property owners or friends of the owners)...They also own the RV Park across the street. The registration kiosk closes at ten in the evening, but you can always call across the street if you need something.

They tend to be really busy during the summer season and during the Christmas holidays (especially during the annual Brookings Azalea Festival...not to be missed..)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Point78Mach
Ladysmith, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Wonderful room. We lucked out , this is not easy too find, past the Best Western, keep on going
worth the search. Very helpful staff, could have stayed there longer, but out of the way to almost everything. Could be the hidden gem in Brookings...

Room Tip: stayed on the ground floor , very convienent .
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Medford, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My Girlfriend and I are both in our early 20's, she is 21 and I am 24. I would say we are both resposilbe and respectful young aduts.
I have been a home owner since I was 21, therefore I know how to take care of a place. We went to the Portside Suites for a weekend trip. When we checked in the two ladies in the office grilled us about their rules and rudely verified our age (making sure were over 21), even checking my ID. They carried on about not messing up the room (As if they had no doubt we were going to trash it), reminding us of possible charges if any violations were noted, then smugly said as we were about to go up the room “Oh and quite time is at 10:00 pm.” As if we were going to throw a raging party. Throughout the stay the staff was rude and kurt, when asked simple questions about the community. The room was clean and comfortable, but I found it disapointing there there wasn't a stove or any utensils at all. For the price paid, I would have thought there would have been somesort of breakfast provided considering there wasn't a way to cook anything in the room. When it came time to check out on Sunday I handed them there room keys and said thank you, before I even got to the car both ladies and their cleaning staff headed straight to our room as if they were anticipating a mess, when it had been left in very clean order.
As nice as the room was I don't believe we would stay here again, not only was it over priced for the sevice provided but the staff was rude and the beach access isn't as close as one would perfer at the going rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Zac W
Kamloops
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Like many previous reviewers we had planned to stay at The Best Western down the road but it was full,so we drove on and discovered this hotel. At first we thought it was bit pricey , but compared to BW, it really wasn't that bad. ( I checked the prices of BW later and was shocked). The rooms are huge with a small kitchenette complete with fridge, microwave and toaster. There is a large table with 4 chairs for dining and a sofa for viewing the TV as well as another chair. We had a ground level room so the views weren't' great but we didn't mind. There is no breakfast with the room but the person who checked us I gave us a 10% off coupon for the restaurant next door which was very good. The only drawback we found was that the restaurant was closed on Monday for dinner and we had to drive into town to find something open when it would have. Been nice just to walk across the parking lot. Desk personnel were very friendly and courteous. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ontheroadtwo
Myrtle Point, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here for business for many weeks in the past. Last year I had to complain to the owner about the manager and was told it would be taken care of. Arrived for our stay and the manager was and still is the same. She is noisy and told me that on a corporate rate the rooms are not cleaned every day. I had to ask for soap, towels, etc. she isn't friendly at all. When I finish my work day I just want to go to my room without any hassles I just need to relax without being by the manager.

Went down to the Best Western and their corporate rate is actually $10 less a might and the have a hot tub and heated pool.

we will be taking our $5000 a year business elsewhere. Too sad because the rooms are nice it would be full if they changed the manager.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Annette S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn
Spindrift Motor Inn
Spindrift Motor Inn
#4 of 8 in Brookings
4.0 of 5 stars 188 reviews

Been to Portside Suites? Share your experiences!