“A Hidden Gem”
Review of Portside Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookings
Portside Suites
Fairport, New York
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Recent Motorcycle trip up the Left Coast. Saw signs for 100 miles for the Best Western. At $149 felt like moving on. 1/4 mile down the road is this Gem. Great people, great service. I stay in hotels 100+ nights a year. The rooms are probably better decorated than most peoples homes! It doesn't have the view (you get that all up and down the coast). But the stay will not be my last. This place is perfectly situated for the business or pleasure seeker. Also try the "Nautical" Restaurant just south (like 100 ft south) of the CA Inspection station. A perfect end to a beautiful day.

Office closes at night. Make sure you have Internet Password, etc.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ShawnPearsall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Myrtle Point, Oregon
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is my 4th weekly stay at this location this fiscal year. We travel to the area for work and find this location quiet, comfortable and clean. Beds are comfy and the large suites make it great for spending multiple nights and spreading your work out on the large dining table or bar works well. The FREE Internet serivce is strong and fast!

If traveling for work ask for a corporate rate....makes the stay worthwhile. Since we come during the off season we get a decent corporate rate per night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Annette S
USA
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was one click away from completing my on-line transaction with Best Western Beachfront. Feeling uncomfortable about the taxes and fees not being included........ went to check out Portside Suites. This little place is a gem. Lots of room for 2 even 3 people to stay. Laundry facilities on site, and next door to a little restaurant. (not open on Monday though). Portside Suites were clean, comfortable and reasonably priced with AAA. Although it is in front of a working harbor, at night it is quiet and the view doesn't matter. With some thoughtful landscaping the view could be improved. The receptionist was very professional and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a room with a fireplace on second floor with balcony.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank imotogirl
Yachats, Oregon
Reviewed February 29, 2012

From the moment we walked into our room I knew that I had found the place to stay in Brookings. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, (we stayed in 103). Linda at the front desk was extremely helpful, and made sure we had a fantastic stay. If you are going to Brookings make sure you stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Shannon E
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I just stayed two nights at the Portside Suites and was so delighted. I had done tons of research and it just did not look like there was any place in Brookings that did not have bad or questionable reviews. I am soooooooooooooooo glad I stumbed upon Portside Suites.
The room was beautiful and spotless. The bed was so comfortable I slept better than I have in years.
The staff are amazing, polite and helpful...make you feel right at home.
I am headed back for another stay at Portside Suites in a week or so and this time I'm taking my parents so they can enjoy it too.
Absolutely nothing negative to say about this place.

Room Tip: They are all in a quiet area. I think some have a jacuzzi tub in them. The staff are wonderful and w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank pamela c
brisbane
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I stayed here with my husband on our way to Seattle and oh what a delight after the dirty, noise motel we stayed at outside Yosemite. The king size bed was absolutely beautiful and the little apartment was just delightful with everything that you could possibly need. We ate at a little diner along the road that sold fish and chips and clam chowder. I love your clam chowder. We don't have that in Australia. Anyway I am a bit late to put this review on the website, but I just found a biro that I had from the Portside Suites and looked it up for nostalgic reasons.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Heeding caveats from some previous reviews I was on my toes. The room was beautiful, well thought out for livabality and comfort. Only complaint is the bathroom door. Too bad it couldn't have been a pocket door since it made the bathroom a bit of a "dance". The 2 room suite is very comfortable for 2 people that keep different hours. Also must mention Blue Water Cafe next door. We ate breakfast/lunch there both days and were extremely happy with the service and the food. Very experienced staff willing to give you what YOU want in a very timely fashion. Lots of locals there says a lot about their patronage. It's a pleasure to reward good behavior at both the hotel and the cafe.
idadunno from Medford