“Super Dinner”

Blue Water Cafe & Lounge
Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lenore, Idaho
“Super Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Dined there last nite......I had the Coconut Shrimp with Rice Pilaf.......it couldn't have been better. The Rice was superb it had a different taste than any I had every tried....a GREAT taste I might add. Something in it was a little crunchy, maybe nuts I didn't ask, I was just very happy with it. My Shrimp were deep fried and crunchy too...came with a Marmalade/Horseradish dip that just added to my enjoyment. Others must think it good as it was pretty full for a Wednesday nite. Those in my party thought the servings very good also.

• Visited August 2014

Vancouver, WA
“Nice spot for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We both had omelets, one bacon and cheese, the other a taco omelet. Both were large enough to split, but good enough to work through with a nod to skipping lunch. The bacon in the omelet was ample, thick, smoky and cooked just right, not brittle, just crisp. The taco omelet was tasty, maybe would be just a touch on the spicy side for some, but was good for us. You are greeted by huge tropical murals when you walk in, which is not exactly what you expect on the southern Oregon Coast, but the place is unashamed to have its own character. We were able to walk right in and be seated at 8:30 in the morning, and noticed that there were a fair number of locals that came in and had their "regular" tables. We pulled in here on a whim. Glad we did. (The artist that does the murals hides things in the painting and it was fun to look for them.)

• Visited July 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“Good and bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife loved the liver and onions. But my sea food platter was only average at best. The calamari was good. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive.

Visited July 2014
Brookings
“great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Good drinks friendly people.home town atmosphere. right next to hotel. short walk to the beach and shops at the port.

Visited July 2014
Medford, Oregon
“Great take out breakfast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Blue Water Cafe has a great selection for breakfast I get a breakfast to go and eat on the yacht. Try the biscuits and gravy or eggs Benedict. Servings are large so one meal can be split for two. Servers are very nice if you want to dine in.

• Visited July 2014