“Cute little place”
Review of Ocean Suites

Ocean Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a place that we could live in. It is a one bedroom apartment. It has a recliner, couch that folds out to a queen size bed, a table in the corner for two, almost a full sized refrigerator, an electric range, a sink and all the plates and utensils that you need to cook with, a large flat screen TV in the living room and a smaller one in the bedroom. It is located off the street so there is little to no vehicle noise.

Everything was clean. The help was friendly and if you needed something they were more than happy to get it for you and more than happy to answer any questions and give you recommendations on where to eat and there were also some menus available.

We were there for 3 nights and had a great time. We highly recommend this place to stay. No view, but walking distance to the beach and the Blue Cove Restaurant and Lounge. That is a good place to eat also.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JoeandTeresa

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just got home from our vacation in Brookings. We stayed at Ocean Suites and were very happy with our choice. I highly recommend it to everyone. I am looking forward to the next time we go to Brookings to stay here again. The owners are great, and I want to thank them for recommending places to see. I will never forget this trip. I see Barbara from Yuba City was there shortly before us, we are from Linda. The rooms are great, My husband and I were vacationing with my sisters and we all enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were traveling and planning to stop in Brookings, OR. We found this quickly and there was availability. There pricing was extremely reasonable and we could not believe the accomodations. The room has everything, especially for a suite. We were traveling as a couple so did not have the need for the sleeper sofa. But I could see this as a gem of base camp for a family that wanted to stay in the area for several days. The room had a kitchen-ette that would be great for a multi-day stay. If you want to watch tv, there was one in the bedroom and one in the living area. We felt bad that we were only staying one day and did not get to put the room to full use. Again, pricing and accomodations were well above expectations. Definitely a bargain for travelers.

Room Tip: The hotel is 2 story with stairs only so 1 first floor may be best for those that may be challenged...
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I had her brother and his family visiting from Texas for a week and we decided to take them to the northern California and southern Oregon coast for a couple of days. I found Ocean Suites on one of the online reservation sites and read the fine reviews received. I was able to book 3 rooms at a moments notice considering this was the beginning of summer vacation. I won't go into all the details. You can read the fine review by Kathie S. for which I give a rousing 'ditto.' I will provide just a few additional details. Each room had a nice flat-screen LCD TV. The 1-bedroom units had DVD players and the 2-bedroom unit had Netflix as well as a TV in each bedroom. Also, each bedroom in the 2-bedroom unit had its own separate door for privacy. The office has a large selection of complimentary DVD's for you to check out. The beach and fine food are within a few minutes walking distance. This motel is one of those little gems that you run into once in a blue moon. Try it and enjoy the experience!

Room Tip: At the time we visited, there was at least one 2-bedroom unit at no additional cost over the single...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been a guest of the Ocean Suites many times. This year I brought my family.We had two rooms, we stayed 5 days, and we had the times of our lives. The Suites just keep getting better. I noticed new furnishings, new cookware, new televisions with Netflicks, and of course wi-fi for my teenaged granddaughter. The rooms are spotless!! The staff is wonderful, everyone is so friendly. The suites are so close to the beach and all all of the shops and restaurants in Harbor, that once you park, you really don't need to drive at all. Thank-you Ocean Suites for another great vacation!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara J
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were traveling from Las Vegas, NV, to get out of the horrendous heat (6/29-7/6) on a motorcycle and headed toward the coast. July 2nd found us in Brookings. We'd looked on the Internet for places to stay but most were up on the highway and we wanted to get away from the traffic noise. One of the places that came up (w/no picture) was Ocean Suites Motel. When we were cruising around the harbor, we happened to find it; stopped in; and they had a room for the night. It was really very, very nice. It was more like a 2-bedroom apartment (we had a separate bedroom w/a queen size bed and when you walked into the main entrance, it was like a hotel room with a queen size bed, a recliner, a table with 4 chairs, and a full kitchen (yes, full fridge, oven/range, and utensils & plates, cups, etc. for 4). The rooms were immaculate and the staff was incredibly friendly. Our only regret was it was not available for two more nights (7/3-4). We would have stayed there in a heartbeat. We would NOT hesitate to go there again and hope the occasion arises where we can. We highly recommend this facility. A nice little market and places to eat were within walking distance (nice cause we didn't want to get back on the motorcycle). Kudos for a really, really nice place! Their price is reasonable and from what we understood they do not raise it for any seasonal activities.

Room Tip: We'd highly advise you check this place out especially if you are going to stay more than a nigh...
2  Thank Kathie S
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Clean pleasant suites with great kitchen/living room, nice comfortable bedroom. Nice location off the main road and down near the beach. Great Wifi, kitchen has everything you might need. We loved it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn
1 mi away
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
#3 of 8 in Brookings

Been to Ocean Suites? Share your experiences!