“Nice and cozy”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Upland, California
“Nice and cozy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this motel for a week. It is more like staying in an apartment with all the amenities. We had a king in one room a kitchenette and a sofa bed. (that was actually comfortable) The staff is friendly and accomadating. They also have free a large selection of DVDs you can pick up from the office. If you have a wireless card your lap top may run slow however you can get a cable from the office. The only thing if people are outside in the parking lot and they are noisy you can hear them. Restaurants in the area, we loved Sebastians down by the harbor, they have delicious food and desert (the five layer chocolate cake and carmel filled cake.) Also Matties for breakfast has homemade blueberry muffins that were out of this world! (They are closed on Sundays) There are different beaches in the area the further you drive up te coast the nicer they are. Whales head is beautiful, just a few miles North of Brookings!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location, not to close to the office.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Best place I've ever stayed! Great rooms, Top-Notch. Great people working there! Thank you very much! Great selection and knowledge of area and all attactions. Beautiful rooms and great views. Simply put the Only place to stay in Brookings Harbor area! The Best Place I've found on the Oregon Coast. Sean W. Once again, Thank You.

• Stayed July 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

What a terrific find along the southern Oregon coast! Sparkling clean, spacious, quiet and inviting. Perfect for us. About the only thing it lacked was an ocean or harbor view, which we didn't miss. Was only a 5 or 10 minute walk down to the port and the boardwalk shops, which were delightful. The kitchenette was a welcome feature. Very comfortable mattress - truly one of the best night's sleep we've had. Loved it - plan to return and use this place as a base from which to explore more of this beautiful stretch of coastline.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Martinez, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Suites in July 2012 and also back in September 2011 as well as way back in November 2009. We truly enjoy our stays there. The rooms/suites are large, well equiped, very clean, in good repair and reasonably prices. The owners are very nice and friendly. We have never been bothered by loud guests or loud noises from the area. We would highly recommend this motel to anyone who plans to visit Brookings or Harbor, Oregon.

Sincerely, Ken and Billie

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but our favorites are in the new wing up by the hill.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Billie F
The Great Northwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have nothing negative to say about this motel, it was fantastic and exceeded all my expectations. We travel a lot, and have stayed at a lot of different types of hotels/motels from Marriots to choice hotels, and this is by far the best one I've been to in terms of amenities, room set up, and cleanliness.

The location was quiet and near the harbor. No ocean view, but honestly I did not miss it and you're close to the beaches anyways (as well as close to everything in Brookings). It is on the harbor road, so not up on noisy 101 like a lot of the motels in the area. We heard no traffic noise at all!

Upon first walking into our room I was super impressed with how clean it was. No leftover food crumbs around the edge of the bed, no random socks in a drawer, no food crumbs in the kitchen drawers, nothing. It was cleaner then my house! Later on I met the housekeeping staff as they worked and they are some of the nicest ladies I have ever met. They work their tails off and really care about taking care of the guests who stay here. The best housekeeping staff I have ever encountered. I hope they are compensated well, they deserve it. The office staff (I dealt with 2 different people) was awesome as well. When I called to make the reservation the gentleman was super polite and when I told him I was traveling with children he recommended a room on the main level to make it easy to get my stuff between our vehicle and room. Very kind of him to think things through so much!

The room itself is spacious and ideal for families. The seperate bedroom was wonderful when traveling with children - I could put them to bed and stay up watching the Olympics in the main room! The kitchen setup was fantastic. Enough utensils to make most things. We ate breakfast in the room every morning, and I was able to make things like scrambled eggs and pancakes, there is even a toaster!

We made use of the free dvd lending library, which was a nice perk. They have a lot of movies, and even new releases. We also used the laundry ($1 for wash and $1 for an hour of driving time - a real bargain compared to my local laundry mat and other hotels we have stayed at). The only downside is there is 1 washer and 1 dryer for the whole motel, so you may have to wait.

When I vacation in Brookings again this is where I will stay, hands down. It's a fantastic price for what you get roomwise and is very well maintained. Just fantastic all around!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DahliaRW
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Whether staying 1 night or several, this place is ideal. It is spacious with its own kitchenette, clean and modern. Sure it doesn't have ocean views but it is a few minutes walk to the beach. Very good value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be of same quality
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Ocean Suites. We will return and this is the only place I will recommend to family and friends. It was clean, comfortable and the service was great. The front desk even had my favorite candy !!! My family from Germany was impressed as well and they are a hard group to please. It was the perfect place to stay while we enjoyed the Redwood National Park.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn
Lucky 7 Casino & Hotel – Howonquet Lodge
Oceanfront Lodge
Oceanfront Lodge
#15 of 18 in Crescent City

Been to Ocean Suites? Share your experiences!