“Romantic Oceanview Location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookings
Lowden's Beachfront Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Brookings B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2007

Barbara was very helpful even long before we arrived, making local recommendations, providing dining tips, etc. Having a resource like this makes us comfortable to always stay with them.

Incredible view of the ocean, and an easy walk down to the shore. Separate living room from the bedroom made this a very comfortable spot. Mini fridge, microwave, dining table, couch, this was homey!

If there would be any complaint, it would have been breakfast. Call me picky, but at a B&B, even if they deliver "continental breakfast" to your room, I want something that might just fool me into believing it is homemade. Guess I am getting tired of the store bought giant muffins that try to make up in quantity what they don't have in quality. Improve this and the property would quickly get 5 stars.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 19, 2007

I stayed at Lowden's Beachfront Bed and Breakfast for 10 days during April of 2007.
The view of the Winchuck River and Pacific ocean is absoluley incredible, and complimented with the gorgeous sunsets and breath taking scenery.
The owners of the Bed and Breakfast are very kind people, with lots of information about the surrounding areas, "tourist attractions" such a caves, the Redwood Forest groves, horse back riding, and best of all fishing! ( which includes, surf, river and ocean fishing).
Most importantly the suites are comfortable, clean and really well looked after. They are warm and safe ( I 'm a 22 year old gal on my first solo trip!).
My stay at Lowden's Beachfront Bed and Breakfast was super rewarding, I am glad I chose their place for my holidays. I even walked their dog, Cody, on the beach every morning before breakfast. He loves to chase sticks!
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to get away, and feel just as comfortable as they do at home.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank kazziopia
Reviewed December 6, 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed one night here on our way from San Francisco to Portland for Thanksgiving. We took the scenic Hwy 101 and found ourselves enjoying one of the most relaxing nights of our lives. The B&B is snuggled in the back of this quante little ocean side neighborhood. The house is situated directly on the oceanfront where a small river meets the ocean. Directly in front of your room is the river flowing straight to the sea. One review says that you can't see a good sun set, but we watched a beautiful sunset from right on the beach. We arrived around 3pm and were happily greeted by the owner. She took us to our room and showed us where everything was. She went so far as to recommend great dining in the area and even offered to let us borrow a movie that she had just rented. The room is very cozy and out one window we were able to watch a few people fishing for salmon in the river and out the front glass door you can see the river meeting the ocean. My girlfriend and I started by taking a nice walk on the beach, where we collected very cool looking smooth shaped stones. Afterwards, we went to dinner and returned to snuggle up and watch a movie. The morning was enjoyed with fresh crouissants and fresh squeezed O.J. provided free of charge. The privacy here was perfect (granted we were the only ones staying that night). All in all, if you ever find yourself on the Pacific Northwest and want a little peace and quiet....stop by Lowden's.

Stayed: November 2006
Reviewed July 29, 2006

We stayed here one night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. You access the beach by a rather long walkway through the driftwood and are able to walk quite a ways down the beach. There is a very large beach during low tide which allows you to find tons of starfish! I think my daughter found 66! It's fun checking out all the driftwood and different rocks you can find. The rooms were neat and clean and we had a large bathroom with a double sink. Barbara was very helpful and accomodating. She was a wonderful hostess! The privacy was wonderful. The views were wonderful and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Tweetybeets
Reviewed July 9, 2006

Just spent two lovely nights at this charming little bed and breakfast by the sea. I have spent time in the area before at another wonderful spot, but was not able to book there for all the nights I wanted on this trip, so ventured out to find a new piece of heaven on the Oregon coast. This is it. Barbara and Gary are wonderful hosts and obviously want their guests to share their terrific home on the shore. Attention is paid to all amenities and they provide a lovely setting to let all the cares of hectic life at home slip away into the river or ocean seen from each of the two suites they offer along with a beautiful large deck overlooking the ocean. They even share their dog and kitty, both who delight in the guests who share their home. Price is right, suites are spacious and well appointed and hosts, both two and four legged make one feel right at home. For lovers of sunset viewing from the privacy of your own deck, it should be noted that this home does not face west directly to the ocean but more south so a little walk onto the lovely beach is needed for sunset photography. However, the trade off is a great view of how the Winchuck River meets the sea and we even saw some sea otters who have adapted themselves to river life! Privacy is honored, but friendliness abounds. I whole heartedly recommend this spot and will be back.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank ksilb
Reviewed September 6, 2005

My Husband & I stayed 2 nights July 31, & August 1st here. It was cooler & misty there than up state or inland which was a welcome change to the heat. The private suite was well maintained and the Hotess was very obliging. Our suite had sliding patio doors to a small upper dedck that lead down to a much larger deck on the main level. The stairs then wound around down to the beach . The sunrise & Sunsets were incredable! We were right at the ocean and could hear the waves thru a unique Port window in our suite. We enjoyed the Conteniental Breakafast, Satelite TV as well as the electric Firepalce in our separate bedroom. There are good places to eat in Brookings and the Highway leads south to California. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank Centsable
Reviewed November 25, 2004

I stayed at Lowden's in June 2003 with my grandson. It was fantastic. Barbara's dog Cody was a wonderful companion for my 7 year old grandson.

The entire stay was enjoyable, for many reasons.

I will be going back sometime in 2005 -- and I will stay the same place. Nothing else compares and I've stayed in Brookings many times.

1  Thank Gonetrippinagain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn
#1 of 19 in Crescent City
Westward Inn
Westward Inn
#4 of 8 in Brookings

Been to Lowden's Beachfront Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!