“Relaxing, Clean and Quiet Cottage - in beautiful...”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of A Seaside Retreat

Kitchen area
Queen size bed Queen sofa sleeper
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Queen size bed
Queen sofa sleeper
3/4 Bathroom
Oversize shower (no tub in Guest Cottage)
Washer & Dryer
Electric Fireplace
From the front door view
From the sliding glass door
Dining area
Small semi-private yard
Patio
Small yard
Big Redwood Tree in Stout Grove
Winchuck River as it runs into the Pacific Ocean
Nearby ocean with deeded beach access
Driveway
Welcome!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
lonnielou...
Santa Clarita, California
“Relaxing, Clean and Quiet Cottage - in beautiful Brookings!”
Reviewed December 15, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

The lovely, peaceful, and quiet Seaside cottage is located on the beautiful coastal town of Brookings, Oregon. The beach, river and redwoods are all within minutes from the cottage. Lana our host, was so helpful and accommodating! This place is so quiet, never even saw any neighbors the whole entire week we spent there. I loved how comfortable the bed was, wish mine was that comfortable. The cottage is spotless clean and very roomy! The back yard is very private too. I just love the beaches on the Southern Oregon coast, so different than the crowded southern California beaches. Lana left beautiful fresh cut flowers on the table and fresh eggs too! Also, went to the local casino to use the restroom, put $5.00 in a machine, and left with $250!! My husband and I enjoyed our stay and hope to return in the future!!

Older travelers Families with young children
Jan 13, 2016
So glad you enjoyed your stay. LUCKY you on your winnings! I hope you will return to the area and enjoy more of what is around here.
kurtamus
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice, quiet, clean, everything you need to feel at home.”
Reviewed October 16, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Way better (and bigger) than the pictures show, this was a fantastic rental. Lana is friendly, professional and provides anything you could need, including fresh cut flowers, coffee, and a dozen fresh eggs from her hens! It was very quiet and very private, it even has a private flower filled back yard. I can't say enough good about Lana's little slice of heaven. The kitchen has all the dishes and utensils you are likely to need, and the washer and dryer is such a bonus. I will stay with Lana on my next trip to the Redwoods area.

Your age range 50-64
Oct 26, 2015
I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay in my Guest House. Hopefully you will find even more interesting places to explore when you visit the area again.
Colleen G
“Very nice retreat.”
Reviewed October 2, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Lana, the person who owns this cottage was very accommodating. She even helped me find a dentist. A cap came off my tooth on the way to her cottage. She took the time to look up several dentists in the area we were in and I was able to see a dentist. She also had many suggestions for eating, sightseeing, etc. Her daughter even showed us her collection of agates. We were greeted with a bouquet of lovely flowers from her yard which she had placed on our table. We had everything we needed to enjoy our seaside retreat. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Colleen

Oct 7, 2015
I hope you have been able to get your tooth issue resolved. So very glad to have met the two of you. I enjoyed our conversations immensely.
Diane S
“The perfect getaway”
Reviewed September 26, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Seaside Retreat was the perfect spot for a wonderful 4 day vacation. It was clean, beautifully appointed, and very comfortable. The yard was also beautiful. We sort of felt like we owned the place. Lana, was friendly, and did everything she could to make us happy. She succeeded.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall feeling of the property
Liked least: The mattress cover was a little warm, but I understand it's necessary
Older travelers
Sep 30, 2015
I'm glad the two of you enjoyed your stay. The conversations were great. I hope you will be back soon!
Redding, California
Reviewed July 27, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Aug 1, 2015
So glad to have met you guys! I hope you are successful in your retirement plans for Brookings. I certainly consider it my version of paradise. More adventures await on your return visit.
staceylyn...
Montague, California
“Charming hostess, lovely cottage, walking access to perfect beach!”
Reviewed July 22, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

First of all, I have to say that the online photos of this charming cottage do not do it justice. It is a very roomy 1 bedroom cottage at the end of a dead-end street in a charming and quiet neighborhood. It had everything we could need and more (even sand toys for the kids!). It even has its own, rather large private backyard, full of flowers and a lawn for the kids to run out their energy between trips to the beach. The beach access is fairly easy and close. Our 4-year-old had no problem negotiating the trail to and from the beach. The beach itself has a private feel to it, as the public access is little known and somewhat hidden. The sand is clean and soft, and there are great tide pools at low tide. Lana is a wonderful hostess who graciously showed us around and was available to answer any questions we might have. At the same time, she greatly respected our privacy. She is a lovely and friendly person who obviously loves sharing her cottage and the beach with others. I would recommend this cottage to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation with a couple of kids or those looking for a sweet little cottage for a lovers' retreat. We have stayed at many rental houses, hotels, and Bed and Breakfasts on the Oregon Coast, and the Seaside Retreat is right at the top of our list. Don't let the very reasonable price fool you. This cottage will be a favorite!

Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Jul 25, 2015
Thanks for the great review! I'm very glad you enjoyed my little piece of paradise. Please return when you can!
RodMcLeod
San Francisco, California
“Superb Cottage Retreat very near the beach”
Reviewed July 10, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed here over Juy 4th weekend and had a fabulous time. The cottage is simply outstanding. It is a one bedroom with pretty complete kitchen and living area with large screen TV. The patio doors open onto a lovely lawn and garden. There is a large capacity washer and dryer in the bathroom.
The cottage has a comfortable bed and was super clean. We had a marvelous time with my sister who lives in the area. We barbecued on the patio.
The special thing about the cottage is its setting. It is at the end of a quiet residential street so it is very quiet. And it is less than 200 meters or so from the beach where the Winchuck River empties into the sea. So the beach is a very nice one, with piles of whitened driftwood around. Walking the beach in the morning or at sunset was glorious.
We very highly recommend this vacation rental. Lana, its owner, was most gracious, and will attend to every need as she lives next door and is most accommodating. We would return again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the overall condition and setting of the property.
Liked least: TV was a bit far from the living room couch but that really couldn't be changed.
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 16, 2015
So glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay. Your trip around this great country sounds so awesome. Drop by to visit when you are in the area visiting your sister in the years to come!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing