“Homemade goodness!”
Review of Bakery By The Sea

Bakery By The Sea
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Brookings
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My sister and I had a girls getaway weekend in Brookings and before we left I made sure to look at Trip Advisor for some of the restaurant's to check out while we were there. I read the reviews for Bakery By The Sea and decided to make that a "must go" before we headed to the beach for the day on the Saturday that we were there. I was really surprised at how small the bakery was and admittedly my sister and I were both a little overwhelmed by all the racks of pastries and numerous goodies. As first time visitors we were a little lost without a menu or list of items available. And when we asked the young lady about items she really didn't provide much help or offer suggestions as to what might be their "best sellers". So my sister and I chose something quickly and it happened to be the ham and cheese croissants. They were fabulous! It was obviously fresh, great flavor, and baked perfectly! I'd like to go back the next time I'm in Brookings and hopefully check out some of their other homemade goodies.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

"These are the best croissants I've ever had!" - quote from my fiancee, and I'd have to agree. I've traveled France and Italy and always made the local boulangerie a stop for morning croissant and cappuccino. This place rivals them all. Flaky pastry, lots of butter, with a focus on quality ingredients - the young baker has an obvious passion for his craft. Almond and chocolate croissants are a highlight, the fresh sourdough loaves are hearty with a wonderful tang. The location isn't immediately obvious (see other reviews) but it's well worth hunting down.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Thank you, Tripadvisor, for alerting us to this tasty gem. It still had both chocolate and ham and cheese croissants at 8:00 which we took for a picnic at Vulcan Lake. They were as good as the other reviewers say. They have Allman brothers coffee which was excellent also. Take out only, standing room only, and it won't hold more than three or four customers, but you can wait in the mall hallway if it's crowded. Service is fast.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This little jewel is only open three days a week (weekends) so plan your trip carefully. You will want to try the pie - small in size (which is a huge plus, because you can get two flavors for the usual price of one), double the fruit to custard ratio, and amazing almond crumble crust. (BTW: They do have other bakery favorites - not just pie.) Worth the effort to find this tiny hole in the wall. Once you find the large "BAKERY" sign on a small strip mall on Hwy 101 (Chetco Ave.) in Brookings, you will then have to go down a short hallway between two other shops to find the Bakery (which offers standing room only for two people at the counter/bakery case/register - this place is SMALL). Find it, try a cookie sample while choosing your particular delight, and be happy.

1  Thank AKcabingirlA
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Everything here is FRESH...you can see goodies going in and coming out of the oven all the time. The only down side is that they are only open 3 days a week. I also wish they had seating to eat the goodies with a cup of coffee or tea.