“Good food and service”

Khun Thai
Ranked #4 of 65 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Khun Thai was a welcome change to our roadtrip fare as we passed down the Oregon coast. Not only did they provide the first white rice we'd had in a week, but they also had tasty dishes, Deschutes Mirror Pond Ale, and a Monday night $5 pad thai special. The pad thai, moo ping, pineapple fried rice, garlic pepper beef, and bottle of ale came to just over $41. My wife, two daughters and I shared the dishes family style and were satisfied.

The decor appeared fairly ordinary, but it suit our family just fine. The service was reasonably quick and courteous. Some of the dishes can be prepared mild, medium or spicy to suit the diners' taste.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We ate at Khun Thai Restaurant in September and were quite pleased with the food served. The food was very good and the presentation was also very nice! Our server was very professional and didn't bother us or want to chat about her kids, etc!
The decor leaves a little bit to be desired, but don't let it fool you, as this is a great restaurant.
Try it, you'll like it

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We are so lucky that this restaurant opened in Brookings. I have had many meals there and many entrees (we share family-style), and every one was good, very good, or excellent. The service is always fast, friendly and fun. If you love Thai, give it a try.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

As described in many reviews, the food is superb and the atmosphere is nil. The food we tried is as good as anywhere with minor complaints (Thai ice tea could have been slightly stronger and fried tofu appetizer was a bit strange). But these are really minor complaints for a truly outstanding dinner. Enjoy.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went with a friend who recommended the food and service. It was busy when we got there so I expected to wait a little bit. The server did not take our drink order when we sat down and didn't come to take our dinner order for about another 10 minutes. Our food came more quickly than I thought it would, but the server again, dropped the plates and ran. I wanted chili sauce and caught the eye of a different server to get it for me. My friend's food, pad thai, was not right, it was REALLY sweet tasting and when she asked the second server about it, she was offered something different, and when she asked why the food was different than she had been served at previous 2-3 visits, the server got an attitude with us. My dinner was just okay, nothing special. Our drinks were not refilled until just before we left.
All in all, this is not a place I plan to return to.