Pacific Sunset Inn
$93
$85
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$120
$91
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

Brookings Inn(Brookings)
$219
$169
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Ocean Suites Motel(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$150
$269
$144
Rodeway Inn(Crescent City)
$99
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We only stayed one night on a road trip heading south. W;e were definitely not expecting luxury but this place left quite a lot to be desired. The gentleman who checked us in was not very pleasant. We arrived at a reasonable time, were polite and had made our booking online, but he seemed completely inconvenienced by us. We could not get any wifi signal in our room, which was super frustrating when we needed to make reservations for our next few nights. We ended up going to the McDonalds down the street to us their wifi. Also, our room didn't feel/seem that clean. It was kind of grotty actually. In conclusion: not awful but not great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank alexandratw
Reviewed October 22, 2013

In light of a spontaneous trip to the coast, I knew we'd be arriving in Brookings late in the evening. I called to make sure there would be somebody there to check us in prior to reserving the room. The owner, Lydia answered and told me that she wouldn't be closing until 10pm and that I'd be fine to check in by then. She also offered to book the room for me over the phone for less than it was online through tripadvisor (I paid $54 a night). Due to the weather on our drive, we had to drive slow toward the coast which made the trip about a half our longer than expected. I tried to call Lydia multiple times to make sure we'd still have some where to stay, but I had no cell phone reception. Finally, around 10:15 I was able to make the call. Lydia answered and was still waiting for us to arrive. For all she knew we could have never showed up at all. She even gave me very detailed directions (it wasn't hard to find, even in the fog). We finally arrived at 10:30 - A full half hour after she should have locked up and gone home. We could have had no where to stay at all that night, but thanks to this wonderful woman, we did.

With how much we paid, we weren't expecting much. But to be honest, my expectations were totally exceeded. The room was clean and came equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, and TV. Not to mention a room heater and separate bathroom heater (bonus). I saw a review about the carpets being dirty and I STRONGLY disagree. at one point, I had to reach for something that fell under the bed and it (the carpet) even smelt clean. Brookings ending up being a pretty cute town, and we were so pleased with our stay that we decided to stay a second night. There's a Holleran's Steak Lounge next door which was really delicious (and more expensive than the room lol) and the beach was a twenty-five minute walk away, or a 5 minute drive.

The morning of check-out, I wandered out to get a soda from the soda machine. However, as I came around the corner, the machine had been removed. A man came out to inform me that they had gotten rid of the machine, and apologized for this. No big deal, but as soon as I got back to my room, the phone rang. It was Lydia telling me to come to the office for a complementary soda. She ending up giving me two canned Pepsis. I offered to pay her and she insisted that I didn't.

This place is so welcoming, it feels like I made a new friend. There is no doubt that we will be staying here again. Thanks again, Lydia!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Christiana C
Reviewed September 18, 2013

this place is older , and it shows , the carpets arent even close to being new , and the rest of the furniture in the room matches the carpets, the price was mid-range for brookings - i still think that its kinda hogh ,considering that the motel is 50 years old and it shows

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Final price after all was said and done was $90 at hotel... Ok but there's no breakfast ;)

Overall nice big rooms, older bathrooms but there's a table with chairs and place to put away things. Right by bridge and off 101. Kids enjoyed stay and it was good overall.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We arrived very late and passed serveral no vacancy signs before we finally stopped here.
It was a good price so we decided to stay.

The beds were ok but the room looked very dated. A closer look revealed that the smoke detector was smashed in and that the small balcony door did not close completely.

Stayed the the rooms across from reception on the otherside of the motel. So no carports there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends