“Diamond in the Rough!!!”

Blue Coast Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Midland, Texas
“Diamond in the Rough!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We were so tired when we arrived...the managers were great...the room was basic-clean comfortable, and refreshing!! This is not a luxury resort...this is a basic hidden treasure...the doors had antique locks that captured our hearts!!! If you want luxury, keep going...if you want value, stop and enjoy!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank txtknogk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for just under $60. The location and room itself are nice but there are a few issues that need to be addressed by housekeeping and the management. The small issue was that there were a few light bulbs out on the room. If you are someone who needs fresh airflow through your room, this may not be the place for you. There is no heater/ air conditioning and the only windows that open, only do part way. Very stuffy. When I finally removed my shoes and started walking around the room, my feet turned black from the dirt on the carpet. It was almost as if I was walking outside with bare feet.
The sign out front says "continental breakfast" which, at this motel, means coffee and small Danishes, that's all.

• Stayed August 2010
Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My experience at Blue Coast Inn was exactly what I wanted: a cheap/clean room with free wifi. Earlier reviewers had issues with cleanliness, but I had no such issues. My bathroom was recently updated and was completely spotless. Hotel managers were friendly and recommended the restaurant next door, which turned out to be quite good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank tvangoethem
Portland, OR
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stopped in to see if they had a room available for the night. That was as far as we got. The front office had a bad stale odor. The front desk person was unfriendly. It was a Thu night and there were many rooms available. We asked if they had any in the back since the motel sits right on a major highway. They claimed to only be able to put us in the one right on the highway and she replied "besides the road noise is the same for each room". The grounds were clean but based on her rudeness and the condition of the front office, we passed. For kicks, we drove back into the property and the rooms in the back were much quieter so since she was also dishonest, we moved on down the road and stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shelneu1

Travelers are raving about these Brookings hotels

mullins, sc
Reviewed February 16, 2010

This was not a pleasant place to stay for business. It had an old, dirty feel to it.
The staff was not very friendly.
There was very poor service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank RobertWMullins_Sc
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Talk about dumpy. At first we walked in and all seemed ok. We just dropped our stuff and ran to the beach. We got back around 9pm in the evening and started to cook dinner in the microwave. Burnt the first meal because the dial couldn't keep time. Then as we sat there in the room watching a movie on the tv I noticed a pill bug. I thought, how cute ( I like bugs) and I placed him outside and sat back down. A few minutes later I saw another one, and another, and another. They were all over, there were oodles of dead ones in the corner that have been there for awhile which kinda proves that the housekeeping is horrible. Then we did some more looking around and found half a dozen ant traps hidden behind furniture. Then we found exposed wiring in one corner of the room. Under the nightstand there was a perfume bottle that didn't belong to us. We went into the bathroom and there was hair on the walls and inside the bathtub. There were also bugs in that room as well. Also, the second we sat down the toilet seat broke and pinched as you tried to get up.I was really late and I was exhausted so I was going to wait and contact the manager the next morning when we checked out. I sleeped horrible, on the covers in my clothes because heaven knows what was in them.
When I checked out I was so angry, I wanted to explode. I walked in and the manager was at the counter, I started to tell her about the toilet seat and then I mentioned the bugs. I waited to get a response and all I got was "I'm sorry." I turned red and mentioned she would be hearing from me.

I sent a letter with pictures indicating what we went through. We paid $80.00 for a room and got at best a place as sanitary as an outhouse. We got a poorly written letter with a $30.00 check and a coupon that gave us one free night. As if I'm planning on staying in that hole again, even if it was free. And the $30.00 please, that's a slap in the face. Don't come here, it's dirty and filled with bugs. I wouldn't send my worse enemy there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank maleficent84mfg
robinsons616
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I stayed here, and found out that the manager gives THE MASTER KEYS out to customers and tells them they have it!!!! This happened the night I stayed there...The Manager (LeAnn) was very rude, not understanding, and un-appologetic!! You, and your belongings are at risk if you stay there. You never know who may have the key to your room!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank robinsons616
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn
#1 of 8 in Gold Beach
Gold Beach Inn
Gold Beach Inn
#4 of 8 in Gold Beach

Been to Blue Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!