Blue Coast Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$194
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$93
$79
Brookings Inn(Brookings)
$65
Westward Inn(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$71
$65
Ocean Suites Motel(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$109
Spindrift Motor Inn(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$72
$131
Rodeway Inn(Crescent City)
$71
RodewayInn
$62
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2013

After arriving an walking into the lobby which is inviting an misleading. It leads you to believe that this is a nice place to stay..the room I was issued..pulling up out-front of it you could see a four inch gap at the bottom of the door.the room its self had a smell of old moldy cigarettes,I went to complain an they told me the room had been updated...Um no there was wooded boards around a heating vent as if to keep it in the wall the carpet had stains an the window seals were rotting .the front desk management over sold this room..its not a place you ever want to stay or atleast the room I was issued...

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank jeval25
Jeremy_Galvez_GM, General Manager at Blue Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your review! I explained to you prior to check in that we were in the process of renovating our rooms, and changing out our carpets. I explained to you that the room you were getting used to be a smoking room, and that the carpet had not been replaced yet. I also explained to you that the threshold on the front door had not yet been replaced, but that I was otherwise sold out. I also asked you if you would like to see the room in advance. You refused and said that the room would be fine. You then decided after seeing the room that the room would not be fine, and that you wanted a refund. I did not "oversell" or mislead you when selling you this room, I didn't need to sell it to you as I would have sold it anyway, and did. I tried to inform you and you didn't want to listen. There is no mold in that room, nor is anything "rotting". It is not dirty or in disrepair. In the future it may be prudent to have more factual accuracy in your reviews.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

the new management has done a good job in renovating and updating the rooms ( new bathrooms, fresh painting) Everything was clean, we had an ocean view and the price was incredible! We travel a lot and compare a lot! very nice manager!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It's nice to see that our efforts are appreciated! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

There are more things to say that was wrong with mine and my family stay than there were to say was right. First their web site leads you to believe that internet is available in the rooms, however, we could never get it to work most of the time. The service at the front desk was hit or miss depending on when you went to the front desk. The web site claims that you could have up to five people in a room (two adults, 3 kids all under age of 14), however, with one of the trips to the front desk for more towels we are in formed that more than 4 to a room was a fire hazard. Something that was not pointed out when we booked the room, or when we checked in. Other than that the room were clean. My recommendation is that if you are staying for a few days, you have 4 or less in your party, and you are not in your room other than to sleep then it is a okay place to stay when you are in Brooking.

Room Tip: I would be more specific on your web site and at the front desk when people are looking to book a room. Do not advertise a service if the service can not be guaranteed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jeremy_Galvez_GM, General Manager at Blue Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your review!

Our website does not claim that there is internet in every room, it states clearly that it is available in our Lobby (http://www.bluecoastinnsuites.com/rooms.html). It will be available in all of our rooms within the next couple of weeks. Our website does not say that you may have 5 people in a room with 2 Queen Size beds, the maximum occupancy in that room as clearly stated on our website is 4 (http://www.bluecoastinnsuites.com/rooms.html). This has not changed since you booked your room. It is both a company policy, and is based on Oregon State Fire Code. I allowed for an exception in your case because you had smaller children.

We did not mislead you, and were nothing but accommodating to you and your family during your stay. I hope that if you ever pass through Brookings again, you consider us for your lodging needs. We have a 2 Bedroom Suite that has a maximum occupancy of 6 and would accommodate your family comfortably.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was my first & second time staying @ Blue Coast Inn as I had just recently found it. It is a shame that other travelers have made some rooms shoddy and spoiled it for others! My room(s) were adequate with the micro/fridge, TV and for the most part, WiFi worked. I'm sure that Jeremy & April, who I found to be most kind, courteous and accommodating, will be a great asset to the property once they get their feet under them!! How hard it must be to still be unpacking and trying to take over for someone else! On a very positive note, I absolutely LOVE their freebies!! Especially the lovely smell of the soap! My towels were great - fluffy, etc. And the ocean view was breathtaking - I loved being able to seat in the room and just stare at it, watching all the subtle changes! And for me, being able to open the door for fresh air without feeling threatened/uncomfortable was great! I look forward to returning there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 2DeeM
Jeremy_Galvez_GM, General Manager at Blue Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor! It was a pleasure having you here (both times). I hope your drive back up to Portland was enjoyable, and I'm glad you got back safely. I'm pretty sure I gave you my email address when you were here, but in case I didn't, it's gm@bluecoastinnsuites.com. Let me know if you get any feedback from that website we were talking about.

Again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon! :)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just had a recent week at this Motel, it now has new Managers, a young couple who made our stay vey comfortable. Our room was a great price and had all we needed---also it was very quiet even with travelers next door. April & Jeremy plan to improve the Continental breakfast as they will with many things to your liking. Do try the Motel and I think you will agree with our recommendations, thank you, The Kennedy's, California.

Room Tip: Corner suites very quiet and better view with no HWY noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Jeremy_Galvez_GM, General Manager at Blue Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Mr. and Mrs. Kennedy,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for posting such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It was a genuine pleasure having you here. Please feel free to give us a call (541) 469-2161, or send me an email (gm@bluecoastinnsuites.com) if you need anything, or just to chat. We look forward to seeing you again soon!