“Some things never change.”

Blue Coast Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Some things never change.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here in April of 2012, and had written a review that got posted back then, but somehow it has been removed, so I think its important I try again. Don't stay here. Read the reviews. I stayed a month, and had to walk on egg shells around the manager Joyce, who truly is
disturbed. As another reviewer stated, she is a total control freak, and does come off sugar sweet at first, but once she has your money the mean and nasty Joyce comes out. When I left she told me I'd get my $100 deposit back within a few days, but it took over a month to finally get, and a lot of grief and phone calls putting up with Joyce's rude behavior. I paid an extra $100 for maid service for the month, and Joyce actually told a family member of mine who was helping me to get my deposit back, "I shouldn't give him his deposit back anyway cause he left the room so filthy!" But when we did the walk through the day I left, she said it looked fine. How crazy is that? Oh, and the ice machine had an out of order sign on it way back in April, and it's still broken? Anyway, nothing's changed there, and apparently the place is going further downhill, so at all costs folks, don't stay here. Go across the street to the Brookings Inn, you'll pay $10 or so more, but trust me and these other reviewers, it will be WELL worth it!

Room Tip: The tip is don't stay here!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Mars L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chico, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The room was clean, we did have internet access, but had very few outlets. The continental breakfast consisted of 1/4 of a Costco muffin - coffee & tea. The rooms could use some updating and an ice machine would be nice (it was broken). At least the price was a bargain.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Brookings hotels

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our usual hotell had no vacancies so we called this place and booked two nights. About a half hour later, we called right back to cancel our second night. When we checked in, she slid me the reciept to sign (making sure to charge us before we saw the room) but i noticed she charged us for both nights. I told her we called right back and canceled the second night. She said she didn't remember that, and reluctantly refunded us saying "I don't usually do this (give refunds) but I'll make an acception this time because I don't remember if you called or not." When we got to our room, we were greeted with a spiders collection of dead bug carcasses on the room number. A hint of what was yet to come. Opening the door, we were smacked in the face with the smell of air freshener mixed with wet dog, cigarettes, and mold. I immediately was drawn to the odd burns and stains on the carpet. Looking to cheer up my wife and draw her attention away from the beds, I pointed out the newer looking mini fridge and minier still microwave. I opened both and they looked nice and clean but wham, we both caught the strong smell of mold. I thought it was just the fridge but it was in the microwave too. A further inspection revealed stains on the sheets and shams, mold stains seeping through the bathroom flooring, no screens on the windows, (well one had one but it was badly torn) no clock, we had to borrow a coffee maker, the smell got much worse as the freshener wore off. We did not sleep well, the bed was very firm, and you could hear every spring. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Rednine333
Eagle Point, Oregon, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2012

While the price to stay is a bargain, the website needs to be updated as it states 'continental breakfast' which only consists of pieces of muffin & coffee or tea. 'Free WiFi' in guest rooms is also promised but it is only available in the office lobby. There is no Ice machine. The room/facility is old, but fairly quiet & beds were cozy. No A/C and only the bathroom window opened (no screen). Very close to Harris Beach & restaurants. Joyce (manager) is friendly. Average overall stay.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the complex, which I recommend. It was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed August 19, 2012

...Not to mention that the place is in poor condition. The shower head is way too low, beds are old and creaky, sheets are not changed frequently on multi-day stays. Sheets are thin, towels are at best ok. Carpet is in poor condition with heavy staining. There is not sufficient room between the bed and the wall, about 15", to get to the closet and bathroom. Wifi is very poor. You have to sit outside for decent reception, and even then it comes and goes. Walls are thin, and if your neighbor turns the tv up all night it can be disturbing. The vent fan in the bathroom does not work, and there is really no ventilation without opening the front door.

But mainly, expect your phone to ring with some sort of trumped up complaint out of thin air. You will be treated to Joyce's own particular insanities, expressed with the vehemence and venom that only a control freak can muster. Yeah, this is the same manager that seems so sweet when you check in. On duty from 7 AM to 10 PM, 7 days a week, and always watching. I think she needs a break. Oh, and if you dare to set foot in the lobby for coffee, she'll nail you there too. At first I was just bewildered, later I realized that this was a program of harassment. Too bad we had pre-paid.

Ice is available for a charge during office hours.

I added some photos

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SnorkelFiend34
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My room was a very nice size, was clean, and had a refrigerator, microwave, two upholstered chairs with a table, and a full closet. Everything was a little shabby, but not nasty. The room was overall pleasant and the bed comfortable. Good location (on Hwy 101 right in town) and excellent price. Only complaint was inadequate outlets & one didn't work.

Room Tip: Stay in building 2 or 3 to be back from street noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank opinionatedKaren
Monroe, Oregon
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The price of the room was Ok for what we got. I have a hard time walking and told the desk that from when I booked the room. They put us on the three row up top where parking is not the easiest but we are parked infront of our room. There wasa couple next door who rent the room for a two week stay and smoke out side. We are non smokers and the room has no windows that open so we open the door to just get smoke right into our room. We have a five pound chi. dog that we took care of totally and was charge $8.00 for but children stay for free. That is my first problem, and the second was the smokers next to my smoke free room, windows that don't open incase of a fire and the queen bed had one foot of walkway from one room to the bath room so you walk side ways if you go into the bathroom. Coffee was good and so was the store buoght muffins cut into four ways. I wont stay there again, I will head on down the road to a Motel that doesn't charge for a little dog to stay at, am I made of money? I think there are safety rules for walk ways in a room like this. Not again.

Room Tip: Swimming pool has not been used in five years, rooms are being remodeled put needs new windows that...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
Best Western Beachfront Inn
Ocean Suites
#2 of 8 in Brookings
Pacific Reef Hotel - Gold Beach
Lucky 7 Casino & Hotel – Howonquet Lodge

Been to Blue Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!