“food is great”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The food is great and fresh. The drinks are awesome. Nice casual atmosphere. We stayed in Brookings to eat there. We will stop in Brookings and eat there again on the way back home. A fun place and good food and drinks.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Hipster remodel of an old Taco Bell building. Kind of cool but odd. Loud. Good service. Always packed. I had the most amazing fish tacos ever and that is saying a lot since I have eaten a million of them in San Diego, CA. Solid drinks, no draft beer which is a huge bummer for a Oregon place. Can get a little crazy in here in terms of waiting or service when busy but worth visiting. Truly stellar Vodka made there in Brookings and yes....a KICK BUTT Bloody Mary!!!!!

1  Thank opsguy555
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This place in incredible! Let's start with their $6 martini made with their own distilled vodka. There are a huge selection of flavors including their martini of the day. I had a raspberry martini that was fresh and delicious. My husband opted for just a plain old martini which was served with 3 olives. He loved it!

We went with friends and so got to nibble on 4 different meals. First off, nothing on the menu is over $12. How they can charge these prices for the food that they serve is beyond me, but I'm sure glad!!

We tried their house favorite bacon taters. It was strangely good, but not something I'd personally order again. The mussels were fantastic!! They serve grilled sourdough for dipping into the excellently flavored broth. The prawns were as good as I've had anywhere else! Although fried, they were light and just yummy!!

I've saved the best for last. We had a seared tuna served over yakisoba noodles. We were shocked when our plates arrived! I could not believe how much tuna was on there! TONS and it was only $12!!! There was a sweet/spicy sauce over the noodled that made your mouth burn just the right amount. That tuna was to die for!!! It was the best tuna dish I've ever has!

Lizzie was our waitress and she was really good!!! Very attentive and helpful with our choices.

This is MUST try restaurant! (And it is definitely kid friendly.)

Reviewed June 26, 2014

It's disappointing to go to a place so many others rated highly and walk away unsatisfied.
The ambience is rather like an old fast food place remodeled for hipsters. Good, and speedy service from their staff. From there rather downhill.
No beer on draft..although they do have a good collection in bottles. I ordered the Chinese chicken salad. It came in a bed of good greens, some iceberg lettuce, sliced green peppers, canned orange wedges and bamboo shoots, the usual crispy noodles, with teriyaki chicken on top. The dressing was a little too sweet, I would have liked to have some more fresh veg in the salad. Randy ordered what turned out to be a chicken burger (we think) lots of mayo and good fries. Or take on it was they were trying, but still were somewhat short of the mark.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Who would have imagined a vodka distillery in Brookings, Oregon? Let alone one with a martini bar and restaurant? While we did not have a martini, we did enjoy a nice, reasonably priced meal. Hubby wanted a beer and was a bit disappointed there were none on tap. Which makes sense, I suppose, since it is a martini bar. He did enjoy his Moose Drool bottled beer, however. He had the Steamed Obsidian Mussels... his first time eating them. They were very, very good. Simmered with white wine, tomatoes, butter and garlic, and sprinkled with chorizo, green onion and parmesan, and served with sourdough bread, they were quite the treat at just over $10. I had their pulled pork sandwich and fries. It was really enough food for two or three people. It also was very good, and just under $10. Hubby finished off the sandwich for me and I was more than full. The restaurant was separated from the bar by a partial wall, and was family friendly. There were several groups there with kids in high chairs. There was a large screen TV in the dining area as well as two in the bar, so the sports fans were happy. The servers were fairly responsive, although hubby would have liked his second beer a little earlier. All-in-all, a good and rather surprising dining experience. If you are a vodka fan, I'm sure it's even more impressive.