“great place to eat”

The Vista Pub
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Come for the great food, stay for the rotating selection of Beer, Wine, and Music. Kid Friendly.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We visited Vista Pub June 8. We had a great experience. The food and service was excellent. The burgers was cooked perfect. We will be back.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We started with a very limited menu and decided on the baked potato, steak salad and beer cheese soup and a burger for our son. The baked potato was average - same as you'd get anywhere. The steak salad was very good but ask for extra dressing...we sat on the patio and saw our waitress ONCE...and they weren't busy. The beer cheese soup was horrible - gritty & hoppy...bad combination. I guess because my son's a child they assumed he'd be okay with an extra well done hockey puck of a burger - he refused to eat it because the char was so bitter. I thought he was just being difficult but tasted it myself and it was not edible. WAY overdone for it being their specialty...even for a child. They ran out of the beer I'd asked for but I chose another...they really need to increase their tap selection if they call themselves a pub. So of everything we ate - the salad was good.

1  Thank moonovrmiami
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stopped in while doing photography in the area and have eaten at the Vista Pub before, so I felt very comfortable taking my clients there.
After a short wait we were seated and served by the lovely waitress. When making my order I was informed that the beer I selected was out, HOWEVER, she gave me another couple of choices. Since I was not familiar with either I told her to please make a choice based on my original selection. She must be a mind reader! As I got a super good craft brew which I savored along with a pulled pork sandwich.
My clients gave the Vista Pub a definite thumbs up which in turn made me look good to them for having selected the spot for lunch.
Thanks Vista Pub! You're number one on my list.

2  Thank John G
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a nice lunch at the Vista Pub- we sat out on their patio, which was pleasant. I had a hamburger- they offer so many combinations, or you can create your own masterpiece. They serve them on fresh baked buns, and comes with a side of french fries-which were also freshly made- very good and seasoned just right!!! I definitely will go back again !!! The service was great, our server was so cheerful, and very attentive!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Although known for the hamburger, they have delicious soups, salads, and other sandwiches. They use local beef, local buns, and local brews. They have entertainment on Thursdays and Fridays. It's a small pub, with limited parking. The owner, Raymond is part of a local family who is community oriented. A great little pub.

1  Thank Rupe20