“Mediocre at best”

Dining options: Reservations
Seattle
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were hoping for good Mexican food after reading the reviews. From the salsa to the lunch specials, the food was ordinary. I wouldn't go back even if I lived in Brookings. The waiter was not that friendly - usually we get a good response when we speak and order in Spanish, but not here. We lived in Mexico for several years and enjoy good Mexican food. You won't find it here. Adequate, not special, reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2013

“Fajitaville”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I absolutely love the Chicken Fajita Tacos at Panchos! They are very flavorful and have a natural sweetness from all the onions and spices, and best of all, they are reasonably priced. This is also one of the few Mex. restaurants in town where they will give you whole beans instead of refried beans if requested. Panchos has outdoor seating where we we can bring our dogs, or if we just want to eat at home, we will call in an order and pick it up. They have a little pick-up window for convenience. Pancho's also has a full bar where they make fantastic Margaritas.

• Visited October 2013
Northern Coastal California
“Our Family Favorite in Brookings”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Since I decided to make the trek 30 minute trek to Pancho's not once but twice this weekend, I figured it was time to make a review. I have eaten here conservatively 75 times, sometimes with the fam, others for date night with my husband, and some to go. It is rare that I have a problem there, my biggest issue is usually that the place is busy, if you consider that a problem. The menu is diverse, including standard Mexican offerings with soups, seafood dishes, and some American fare like corn dogs and cheeseburgers for picky children or adults for that matter. Their lunch specials are killer, most are $4.95, and are valid even on weekends. They have a happy hour from 3-6 where you can score a margarita for just over $2. Their portions are generous, enough for leftovers, and always taste fresh and hot. My favorite lunch special is two carnitas tacos with rice and beans, dinner is chicken fajitas, and drink is their strawberry margarita. I have celiac disease and have never ever gotten sick from eating here, a thing I cannot say for many places. My husband is a die hard pollo alla crema fan, a chicken dish with onions and mushrooms in a flavorful cream sauce served with rice, beans, and tortillas. We are happy to make the trip from Crescent City just for a lunch or dinner there. The kids beg to go, and my husband and I are happy to have a place where every member of our family can find something they love on the menu.

• Visited October 2013
Yuma, Arizona
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was right across the street from the hotel so we walked over and were pleasantly surprised. The margaritas were yummy and the food was good.

Visited August 2013
Reno, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican Food and great service for a fair price.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Love the mexican salads and the fish tacos or salads. Definitely a family restaurant with fabulous service. They aim to please. Love the chips and salsa, they make their own salsa and actually sell it to take home and it is the BEST.

Visited August 2013