“Long lines worth waiting in”

Mattie's Pancake House
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Brookings
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Long lines worth waiting in”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Many years ago I stopped at Mattie's and was looking forward to eating there again. Almost changed my mind when I saw the long lines of people waiting to get in, but had my heart set on it, and put my name on the list. These folks know how to do breakfast. If you find yourself in the area and are looking for a full breakfast at a reasonable price, Mattie's will be difficult to beat.

Visited July 2014

Mt Shasta
“Don't pass it by!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The best place in Brookings for breakfast. Chocolate chip pancakes are great, but they are the best if you ask for the chocolate chips inside. Omelets are made just right and the home fries are the best we've had since moving to the West Coast. We had breakfast here twice while on vacation and Mattie's is our grandson's favorite place. Everyone is friendly and service is top notch. It is small so come early or e prepared to wait for a table.

Visited July 2014
Medford,OR
“The locals place”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Every time we've ever visited the food has been excellent but the staff is all about spending their time chitchating with the locals while the tourists get mediocre service.

Oregon
“Our weekend excursion to Brookings OR”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had a great breakfast at Mattie's today! The staff and restaurant was swamped with customers but they had such a system to everything it was very smooth and short wait to be seated. We loved the meal, and I thought the staff were very upbeat and fun. Thanks we will be returning.

• Visited August 2014
“Very very impressive !!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

There are those who cheat to get to the top with bunk reviews and what not, then there's Mattie's who's #1 for a reason went here on 8/6/14 we were a table of 7 there was a line out the door and a small wait but well worth it had a nice table to fit us all wait staff was super friendly and attentive I believe I seen possibly 4 cooks/kitchen staff and they all obviously pull their own weight because our food was out to us so quick I thought uh oh it's gonna be sloppy and gross ... I couldn't have been more wrong top notch all the way I had a Denver omelette with two egg instead of three so it saved me a buck I liked that option, toast was perfect had my choice of hashbrowns or red potatoes I went with red potatoes they were bomb tried some of my in laws hashbrowns .. Perfect ! My omelette ... Perfect ! Wife's oriental chicken salad.... Perfect ! Everyone loved their food especially my son with his chocolate chip pancakes, hot cocoas all around couldn't ask for a better place to eat other than it is a tiny bit small for such a popular place that would be me nit picking tho , lol overall I was so happy leaving here it made my day amazing what a good breakfast and friendly staff can do to the spirit thank you Mattie's pancake house I shall return !!!