“Always delicious”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Always delicious”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had lunch with friends; was good as it always is. Friendly staff, great service. makes me want a breakfast there soon-omlet or french toast or???

• Visited February 2014

Brookings, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT BREAKFAST”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I highly recommend Mattie's. You can't go anywhere and get a better breakfast, better service with a great atmosphere!

• Visited March 2014
Brookings, Oregon
“Great breakfast and friendly service”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and youngest daughter(3 years old) visited this restaurant for the first time yesterday. We got there just in time to get a table! We were greeted with a friendly hello and they asked which type of table we preferred. We were seated right away and instantly served hot coffee. They brought glasses of ice water out for us and a sippy cup for my daughter along with some fun cars for her to play with.
I was able to figure out what I wanted for myself and my daughter right away, my husband took a little longer. They politely asked if he needed more time and could come back.
I ordered chicken fried steak. It came with eggs, hashbrowns and toast. My husband ordered the biscuits and gravy which looked very yummy. My daughter got the pancake, egg and bacon for kids. We received our order pretty quickly. The food was hot and good. My chicken fried steak was cooked perfectly. My daughter's pancake was in the shape of mickey mouse. Her bacon looked just a tad bit over cooked (at least for my taste) but it still tasted good.
This is a small restaurant and fills up quick! We saw lots of people waiting in line and some waited for awhile. But I would say its well worth it. Very friendly staff! They had a blast with my daughter and all seemed happy to be working there. I will definitely go back!! The prices are very good and service if very friendly. If you have to wait its worth it!!

Johnson City, Tennessee
“the best”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Matties has become a favorite. Maureen and the rest of the crew are great. Add the terrific food EVERYTIME YOU GO THERE...you have a wonderful experience. 5++++++

Visited February 2014
Oceanside, Oregon
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had breakfast here after a one night stay in Brookings. It was excellent. We shared a crab & swiss cheese omelet with toast. Service was great and the food was excellent. Lots of crab and the potatoes were crispy as we had ordered. The coffee was excellent and they continually filled my cup. When we left they gave me a large cup of coffee to go and did not charge me extra. We will be back again. Don't miss this clean and efficient breakfast and lunch spot.

• Visited January 2014