“Excellent Breakfast!”

Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Brookings
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

What a friendly and yummy place! Delicious breakfast with generous portions! I had the eggs, bacon, and toast and the bacon was some of th best I've ever had! I substituted the potatoes for a fruit cup without extra charge! The coffee was replenished often!
Omlets looked like something I'll get next time I'm passing through Brookings! Amd I must try their famous pancakes!

1  Thank amyjemesouviens

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We saw the reviews about Mattie's & decided to try it, we were not disappointed. We had a party of 8. Good food, reasonable prices, good service, and food was ready very fast. They even offered hot wheels for the little ones to play with during the visit!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Let me get this out first-- Mattie's has really good food for breakfast and you will not be disappointed in terms of flavor if you choose the restaurant. The strawberry lemonade is also very good. However, the food is too expensive for what it is. I used to go here all the time, but it is not really worth the price I pay for what I receive. The portions are ok, but nearly $10 for a breakfast entree is rather steep unless it has avocado or something else "special." The children's portions are not substantial enough for my six or nine year old children, so they have to order from the adult menu which adds to the cost. I think they feel pretty free to charge whatever they want as I do not know of any serious competition for breakfast in Brookings.

1  Thank ShoppingJennie
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Always eat here when in town! We come to Brookings just to eat breakfast here. We always get great service here! Very friendly.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Best breakfast joint in town! Expect a wait but well worth it. Not open on Sundays which was a huge disappointment the second time we tried to visit, on a Sunday. This was also another gluten free find while vacationing with friends.