“High quality food and personable servers”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Kitanishi

Cafe Kitanishi
Ranked #21 of 61 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Penticton, Canada
“High quality food and personable servers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

A very memorable meal but expect a wait. I loved the Kobe burger; my husband was pleased with his bento box, served by very friendly staff. We shared an incredible homemade slice of coconut cake although full. Lots of locals present.

• Visited April 2013

Northern Coastal California
“Good food, many GF options, very pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was pleased to find that this restaurant is GF friendly. I ordered GF tempura and they even prepared my dish in oil that had not been cross-contaminated with wheat. It was good, although bordered on plain. I ordered a GF coconut cheesecake for dessert which was delicious. My husband ordered some rolls and was offered samples of saki before choosing one. The staff is very helpful, but the price point is very high even considering it is sushi.

Visited April 2012
jennaliseandtoby
“fantastic sushi and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We recently visited Kitanishi with my grandparents to celebrate my husband's birthday and our 4 year anniversary. We are from London so it was a nice experience to eat sushi near the ocean! We loved our server and the food was amazing! We all had the combination platters with edomone to start- we highly recommend it!

• Visited February 2013
Brookings, Oregon
“Top notch Japanese food AND desserts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

The owner apparently was famous first for her desserts. Awesome cheesecakes, coconut cake, and whatever else she decides to whip up. The menu has a nice variety of Japanese food and sushi all prepared fresh. Really excellent food.

Visited October 2012
“Best Sushi for 200 Miles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I'm local and eat here often. The food and service is phenomenal! Seaweed salad is addictive, Mahi Mahi is unbelievable! Please do yourself a favor and stop in!

2 Thank Jordan0501