“Great service” 4 of 5 stars

O'Holleran's Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #15 of 59 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Brookings, Oregon
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Sitting in the bar is definitely the best seat in the house. The waitresses are awesome -- efficient and fun.
Food is very good. We are locals, and it is really the best restaurant in town. My only complaint is the music in the bar was quite loud, which made us have to shout to hear each other during dinner.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Arizona
“Another Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Staying at a little nondescript motel in Brookings, we decided to walk up the street to "a steak house." It was our wonderful luck that this steak house is "O'Holleran's Restaurant and Lounge." We decided to sit in the bar, at the bar--and ended up having a truly memorable meal and experience. The bartender was just wonderful...very friendly and completely personable. There was a musician playing, and the overall atmosphere reminded me of a 60's steakhouse and lounge with the great food, great service, great atmosphere. Something my parents would have loved, and something that I truly appreciate these days, but so rare to find. Don't get me wrong...it's not 60's decor, but that feeling of old time service and comfort was definitely there.

The food was DIVINE. I had an absolutely perfectly cooked filet, and my husband had razor clams...both of us had cocktails and then great wine with dinner. It was a weirdly magical experience, and I think it has to do with the great service, great atmosphere, great food thing that was a complete surprise in a stumbled-upon roadside steakhouse. I'm not sure we would have had the same experience had we eaten in the main dining room...this was a bar thing! We also were conducting a very unofficial "Best Clam Chowder in Oregon" taste test, and O'Holleran's is the winner!

It wasn't cheap, but it was unforgettable. O'Holleran's, you are doing it right.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MelliB4
“Good food at reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Like choices and preparation of the main dish but veggies overcooked and calamari to oily. Staff very helpful and courteous.

Visited July 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Fast friendly fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Showed up around 5 on a Saturday night. No reservations. Got us right in and kept the courses moving without rushing. Tasty, nummy, yummy!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JANET H
Sacramento, California
“Great Prime Rib and Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had read several reviews before I trip about this restaurant. I was concerned by the negative comments, but my husband wanted Prime Rib so we visited O'Hollerans on our last night in Oregon.
We were greeted quickly and cordially by the hostess when we arrived. She must be psychic - we had called earlier to make reservations and as we walked in, she said "You must be Mr. & Mrs..." I laughed and told her she was right. Because we were on a road trip and needed to leave early the next day (July 4) we had a very early dinner reservation. Our hostess asked us to choose any seats we wanted (only 20% of the room was in use at the early hour) and we were seated beside a window in comfortable, attractive rustic-stylized chairs. Our waitress brought bread and took our drink orders, returning quickly. We both ordered Prime Rib. It was some of the best Prime Rib I've had in years. All the sides (baked potatoes and mixed grilled vegetables) were well prepared and flavorful. The entree was prepared EXACTLY as requested, not too rare or too well cooked, and extremely tasty. We did not have dessert. The only disappointment was the wine selection, but it has a couple of decent Cabernets and Chardonnays. Other varietals were not impressive. Having worked in the restaurant business, I know you have to cellar what will sell to the local audience, but we probably would have spent upwards of $40 for a really nice bottle of red wine. We especially enjoyed conversing with both our server and the hostess throughout our meal, as this was our first visit to Brookings. Great ladies with charming demeanors, both! When we are next in Brookings, we will be sure to stop in at O'Hollerans again.

• Visited July 2013