“Booked 3 days and stayed for 6”

and 1 more site!
Spindrift Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Emmett, Idaho
“Booked 3 days and stayed for 6”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We made reservations over the phone at the Spindrift, when we checked in we found the hotel had new owners. We booked 3 days and ended up staying for 3 more! Mike and Myrtle were nice down to earth people, and more than willing to get anything you may need. We felt more like family, rather than just a room and number... they have a great location, our room was very clean and comfortable with everything we needed ( coffee, blow-dryer, micro & frig) We can't wait for next summer, we will be back!

2 Thank tangie r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We found this motel to have friendly and accomadating staff, clean rooms,reasonable rates and a most beautiful view of the ocean.

1 Thank Charlotte R
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

A lot of the people reviewing Spindift had me scared a little, but as soon as my fiancee and I checked in those fears quickly evapourated.

Mike and Myrtle were the friendliest hosts I've met and they made you feel like there was nothing they weren't willing to do whatever was needed to make you feel welcome in their hotel. I felt that they were glad to have me there. I even, like a bonehead, locked my keys in the room and needed to be let back in. When I apologized for the hassle his reply was a simple "You don't need to apologize, you only need to ask".

The room was immaculate and very cozy feeling. The chairs were comfortable and the only gripe I have was that the beds were a bit too soft for me (I usually sleep on a firmer mattress) but as long as I didn't lay on my back I was fine. The feather pillows, which other reviewers were complaining about, were very comfotable and I found myself sleeping soundly on them (and usually, I HATE feather pillows).

The "slow wi-fi" I have heard past guests comment about has apparently been updated since my fiancee (who was the one using a computer for this trip) was using phrases such as "faster than at home" and "fantastic" to describe the speed.

Sadly the ocean view is a little limited, but not through the fault of the owners - some bonehead has taken it upon themselves to build a set of condos/townhouses that kill much of the ocean view that SHOULD have been there - but this is happening in much of Brookings.

When I book a second vaction THIS is the hotel I will choose - they ARE the best in Brookings

2 Thank Mike M
Central Point, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We booked this location thru Hotels.com and during the reservation I asked if this motel had beach access, and she replied yes of course. Also I advised that we were bringing our little dog and no where on the paperwork did it say anything about our dog. The staff there were very nice and accommodating. Also there is barely a beach view and the nearest beach is Harris Beach.

Room Tip: No A/C available, TV remotes missing Phone in room does not work
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KOAcamper2009
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great rooms and very good service - very accommodating - great ocean view down by the water. The internet is a bit slow and erratic - needs to be upgraded. Other than that, a great stay.

Room Tip: stay on ground floor facing the ocean
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RussLittleton
Tahlequah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Horrible stench in room. Smelled like mold with pet urine. When we arrived, the room had been sprayed with some sort of flowery room deoderizer. When it wore off, the room stank very badly. Opened up windows to try to get rid of some of the smell. Didn't work! Couldn't rest because of the odor. Odor started up allergies. No desk clerk after 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM. Very outdated. Need new mattresses; the mattress sagged and had a ridge in the center. Two towels and two washcloths--that was it! Base heater did not work well.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Spindrift is located on the highway (north end of town), but we got a room around the back well off the road and it was quiet enough. We appreciated the reasonable price ($69+tax), includes free wifi). The room was very clean, seemed well maintained,and included a bar fridge and coffee maker and coffee. If staying here, you can enjoy a great meal at The Vista Pub 1m up the road

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn
Pacific Reef Hotel - Gold Beach
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
#3 of 8 in Brookings

Been to Spindrift Motor Inn? Share your experiences!