“Historic House”
Review of Bridal Veil Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridal Veil
Bridal Veil Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Bridal Veil B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place was a little more on the rustic side, but that's what I was expecting from the other reviews. We stayed in the main house, so there was a little bit of noise from other people, but not much, I slept just fine. The breakfast was tasty and the other guests were nice to visit with. The location was really great after a day of checking out waterfalls and the dam, and we were able to just go right down the road to Multnomah Lodge for dinner. The drive back in to Portland the next day was very quick. It was unfortunate that they were working on the old historic highway while we were there so we didn't get take it all the way out there, had to detour to I-84, but it wasn't really a problem. Follow the directions on their website and you won't get lost.

Room Tip: We stayed in the west room in the main house, this is the only room without a connected bathroom, so...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bridal Veil Lodge

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This great little Lodge is really Tucked away in the woods. The service is excellent, the room is spotless and with lots of windows facing the mountain. Down comforters on the beds, a private patio with chairs and a little table--although it is raining so we will not be using them. The decor is modern rustic a la Pottery Barn feel The location is perfect. It is so close to all the waterfalls!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Rose Mary G
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The lodge is easy to access. The room we stayed in was cute with an amazing view. The breakfast was tasty and the hosts offered good suggestions for the remaining part of our trip. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend to all.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank bap0802
Reviewed November 19, 2012

When the ladies at Vista House recommended Bridal Veil Lodge, I decided that even though I was looking for a wooded cabin for a few nights, maybe 1 night at a B&B would work before I moved on. As soon as I saw the cottage, I asked Roland, host extraordinaire, if it were available for 3 nights. When I opened my eyes in the morning, all I had to do was look up through the oversized overhead skylights and giant windows to see the sunshine bouncing off the surrounding trees, feeling like I was sleeping in the middle of a forest. I loved my little cottage so much I told Roland it had to be renamed 'Melissa's cottage.'

The lodge is a perfect location to use as a base for a few days to see the area. Roland, host extraordinaire, was great at not only cooking a wonderful breakfast each morning and entertaining me with stories of his family history, but making great recommendations for what to do each day according to my specifications on time, energy, interests, etc. Had a great drive around Mt. Hood and the 'fruit loop', saw the great peaks from the top of Mt. Larch, not to mention the wonderful waterfalls and hiking trails in the area. Had a wonderful lunch at Multnomah Falls at the upstairs restaurant.

This was part of a 7,000 mile road trip for me and was definitely one of the highlights! I hope to make it back there again some day! Thank you Roland, host extraordinaire, for a great stay!

Room Tip: Go for the cottage!! Comfy, cozy, private, great deck.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The cottage was so cute! I loved the sky light and seeing the stars at night! It was so quiet and peaceful. A perfect spot!
The owner was friendly. We enjoyed hearing about his relatives that lived there long ago. The decor included many items from his family. I even had a turn at the player piano!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Charshasta
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in one of the cabins and had an amazing time. Roland and his family were excellent hosts and provided us with amazing hospitality, truly making us feel like a part of their family. They also gave us an in-depth lesson on the history of Bridal Veil, as well as the lodge itself. Breakfast was absolutely delicious (frittatas and apple dutch-baby pancakes!) and the quiet park across the way provided us with a gorgeous view of the Columbia River Gorge, as well as a short trail to one of the many beautiful waterfalls in the area.

Definitely recommend this bed-and-breakfast for those who are looking to spend an enjoyable and memorable few days exploring the Columbia River Gorge!

Room Tip: Reserve the cabin -- lots more privacy! But don't worry -- ALL rooms (including the ones in the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

we came to oregon with our best friends and stayed here for two nites, the hosts were warm and friendly and the breakfasts were wonderful, so delicious and the rooms were just perfect we enjoyed our stay here,this is the perfect bed and breakfast for anyone ! ,

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#17 of 144 in Portland
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites

Been to Bridal Veil Lodge? Share your experiences!