Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Book in advance
from
$79.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Multnomah Falls
from $79.00
from $76.50
from $117.00
from $76.50
3,353 results
All reviews gift shop benson bridge beautiful waterfall walk up mile hike parking spot paved trail viewing area portland area scenic route great hike historic highway worth the trip vista house switchbacks nature mist
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

This waterfall requires just a little more walking than Bridal Veil Falls, but, if you want to go in a longer hike to see more of Multnomah Falls, you can. So, you can really tailor your time at Multnomah to your desires. There is a place to buy souvenirs, food, and use the restroom here, as well.

Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

The falls are cool. But this is a 5 minute stop, not a day trip. And it appears to be billed as more.

Don’t get me wrong, for a family with several kids or people with less mobility, this is a great spot to see some interesting nature. The falls are easily accessible. There are great amenities. Kids can get some fudge or an ice cream after.

The hike to the top of the falls is far more difficult and dangerous than you’d think. It’s about a mile long with about 800 feet of elevation change. The trail can be slippery and muddy. Every kid walking up the trail was miserable, whining, and upset and quite a few people were making the trek with unsuitable footwear. And the view at the top was unremarkable.

The place is extremely crowded. It can take some time to find a parking spot at busy times. There is a small bridge in front of the falls where people are crowded together taking selfies.

For an active person looking for a good hike with a much better view, pick any trail within minutes of the falls, you’ll get incredible views of the gorge, the hills, and some will give you a view of mount hood. Stop here for a minute on the way. That’s about what it’s good for.

The amenities are great.

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

We stopped here on Memorial Day and as suspected it was very busy. We were lucky enough to get a parking spot that we weren’t even sure was a parking spot but it all worked out. They have a restaurant and some shops at the entrance of the falls. Great photos can be taken from below and you can walk up to the bridge to see the falls as well. It’s definitely worth the stop to see these falls. The other trails near the falls were closed due to the wild fires. Also, near where we parked we discovered the Wahkeena Falls Trail which lead us to the Wahkeena Falls. We were glad we took this trail because it was worth seeing the Wahkeena Falls as well and it was not far.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

During a trip to Oregon due to a death in our family we stopped here for a much needed break both emotionally and physically. Even though it was August there was still quite a bit of water tumbling down. Nice walk and beautiful surrounding. Restrooms and things to eat. Definitely a great place to stop.

3  Thank Lori P
Reviewed August 10, 2019

Multnomah might no be the tallest waterfall in America but it is the tallest in Oregon and well worth the trip. Now that I have you there lets take in the gift shop, the food venders, and a class A restaurant. The weekends are busyer than the weekdays (drr what's new) but I was able to find a spot to park and take in the view. Being a native of Florida I wasn't going to pass up the chance to knock Washington on my list of states to visit. The Bridge of the Gods was a short drive north crossing the Cloumbia River (2 more off the bucket list) I took a short drive over to Stevenson Washington where I found Clark and Lewie's Saloon and Grill (found in another review). Overall I had a great weekend. I would show the pictures of the falls but it appears there are a ton of them that looks better than mine. I didn't carve my "Eber" in anything so you won't know I was there.

Date of experience: July 2019