Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Book in advance
from
$79.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Multnomah Falls
from $79.00
from $76.50
from $117.00
from $76.50
3,353 results
All reviews gift shop benson bridge beautiful waterfall walk up mile hike parking spot paved trail viewing area portland area scenic route great hike historic highway worth the trip vista house switchbacks nature mist
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

During a trip to Oregon due to a death in our family we stopped here for a much needed break both emotionally and physically. Even though it was August there was still quite a bit of water tumbling down. Nice walk and beautiful surrounding. Restrooms and things to eat. Definitely a great place to stop.

3  Thank Lori P
Reviewed August 10, 2019

Multnomah might no be the tallest waterfall in America but it is the tallest in Oregon and well worth the trip. Now that I have you there lets take in the gift shop, the food venders, and a class A restaurant. The weekends are busyer than the weekdays (drr what's new) but I was able to find a spot to park and take in the view. Being a native of Florida I wasn't going to pass up the chance to knock Washington on my list of states to visit. The Bridge of the Gods was a short drive north crossing the Cloumbia River (2 more off the bucket list) I took a short drive over to Stevenson Washington where I found Clark and Lewie's Saloon and Grill (found in another review). Overall I had a great weekend. I would show the pictures of the falls but it appears there are a ton of them that looks better than mine. I didn't carve my "Eber" in anything so you won't know I was there.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed August 10, 2019

We have wanted to see the falls east of Portland for years and this was our first good opportunity. We picked up a car at the airport early one morning and drove directly to Multnomah Falls, so parking was easy. It was a foggy, misty day, but we still got a good view of the falls and enjoyed the visit.

1  Thank lous652
Reviewed August 8, 2019

We've driven by these falls multiple times and never stopped because of the crowds. But we're glad we finally took the plunge, as it were. They are spectacular. Parking lots can be accessed from either side of I-84 highway, and they're always crowded, but since people are coming and going constantly, all it takes is a little patience to find one. You walk under the road and up to the visitors center (open 9-5), from there it's 100' or so to the base of the falls, which tower above you 620 feet. A short 1/4 mile hike on a paved trail takes you to Benson Bridge, the most popular spot for photos. Another mile and 11 switchbacks later on a dirt trail and you're at the top of the falls. For the really adventurous, there's an 11 mile trail past the top of the falls.

The visitors center is open daily 9-5, the adjacent well-stocked gift shop is open 9-9, and the lodge restaurant 8 am to 9 pm. Entrees at the restaurant (mostly steak, burgers, salmon and trout) run $16-26; breakfast and lunch options are a bit cheaper. There are some food carts and a snack bar by the visitors center.

1  Thank AeneasAtSea
Reviewed August 8, 2019

We stopped here before we left for home. Our tour guide from the previous day let us know how busy parking could be, so we made sure to get here early. Arrived in the parking lot around at 9 am, using the highway exit lot. That was the best choice, since when we walked across the street to the falls, that lot was already full.

We hiked up to the bridge to take some photos. It was an easy hike up and down. The cashiers in the gift shop were very friendly.

While the falls were very beautiful and the heigh of them was amazing - quite honestly they don't compare to Niagara Falls.