“Wow.”
Review of Multnomah Falls

Multnomah Falls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This 620-foot cascade is the fifth-largest waterfall in the U.S.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Gorgeous (no pun intended) falls, easy but steadily uphill hike to the bridge, then another mile or so to the top. Don't be fooled; the whole trail is 13 miles roundtrip! Now, that's a hike! Stunningly beautiful. You could spend a day here, or 1/2 an hour.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,881)
All reviews
in 30 reviews
"vista house"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2012

These waterfalls are spectacular and right on the roadside. A very, very short walk from the parking area provides you with the great view of both the lower and upper falls with the bridge between them. A further short and well paved, but steep walk takes you up the top of the bridge, which is worth the effort.

There is plenty of parking here and it is the most popular waterfall along the gorge and as a result there are plenty of coach parties, etc which in turn means there are options to eat here, gift shops and toilets. Well worth a stop if in the area, these waterfalls are wonderful.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This waterfall in so scenic and beautiful. The bridge just sets it apart from most waterfalls. There is easy access for viewing, no hiking involved. Beautiful!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Getting here was an ordeal as Route 30 was closed with no detour signs. Thus, we used the Google map app on my blackberry........bad move. We ended up at the top of the same mountain the falls come down, and we came down a very steep road, the went gravel, then dirt, no guard rails, etc. horrifying! But worth it when we got to the falls.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am from Portland, OR (currently living in NJ - YUCK) anyway I might be biased because I grew up in the area, but there will never be any place more special to me than Multnomah Falls! It was my thinkin' spot as a teenager and is a place I ALWAYS make the trip over to see when I visit family. It's beautiful and scenic and one of the must see stops off the Old Scenic Hwy! I have yet to see what I would think of as a better waterfall (including Niagara Falls - and that was cool). It's great for all ages, it's great exercise to hike, it's great food at the lodge if you love to eat, the gift shop is pretty cool if you like to buy interesting little things (Oh and the garlic salmon jerky mmmmmmmm) and it's one of the cooler spots to beat the heat in the summer (although watch the summer crowds on weekends). I HIGHLY recommend! If I was your tour guide for the area this would be one of the top three spots to see! Enjoy!