“Unhappy meal”

Add it.
Rustic Skillet
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I experienced an unfortunate breakfast here. The food was good, but the long, unhappy faces of all the staff put a damper on my appetite. The restaurant was not very busy but it took almost 20 minutes for someone to take my order. When I made a request of my waitress later, she was curt and rude to me. Two young teenage girls wandered around the restaurant setting tables and pouring water, both looking absolutely miserable. My guess is they were since they were getting openly bossed around by my rude waitress. It was an oppressive atmosphere that I couldn't wait to leave.
When I visited the restroom, I was struck by how dirty it was. I also noticed the hand soap was watered down; nice touch.
Because the food was so good, I am giving them 3 stars. If it wasn't for that, they'd get a 1.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great selection for breakfast and very fun staff. Interesting games and local trivia to occupy your time while waiting for food. Pick up a pie to go. You'll be glad you did!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Good food, reasonable rates and laid back kind of place you expect in Oregon back roads. Picky husband liked his biscuits and gravy and I had nice waffles!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stopped at the Rustic Skillet on the advice of some friends. They were right. The food WAS great. We ate breakfast there and my husband ordered biscuits and gravy, which is a favorite of his when we do eat out. He said that it was the best he has had in a restaurant in a long time. I just simply had hash browns, bacon and an egg and I was happy with my meal as well. It was laid back and had a 'mom and pop' feel to it. Probably not our last visit there. They are only open until 2 pm, so just breakfast and lunch served there.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This little hole in the wall place is just what you would search for if you were looking for a locals spot with exceptional food. The food was good with nice portions, not too big. My only comment is that we all ordered coffee and it took a long time to get refills.