1,255 results
All reviews convention center the river a river view room indoor and outdoor pools sliding door two sinks sliders nice room complimentary breakfast no elevator short drive king bed road trip golf course bend area definitely stay here again bend oregon
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

River house is a first class resort. We got a river view room in the red fox building and the room and view were outstanding. Check in went very smooth and it’s only 1 and a half miles from downtown Bend. Would highly recommend the Riverhouse.

Date of stay: September 2019
HotelMgmt2, General Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

There’s nothing like being able to look out of your hotel window and see the beauty of mighty Deschutes staring right back, but that gorgeous view truly does become even better when it is complemented by the convenience of our location near Downtown Bend. Yet although we were delighted to find that this best of both worlds aspect of the Riverhouse made your getaway to our area of the Pacific Northwest all the more memorable, it was your glowing recommendation that truly brightened our day. We thank you for gifting us with this five-star vote of confidence and hope that it won’t be long before we have the honor of being your home-away-from-home around the ‘Bend’ once again. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

I noticed that my original review was removed.
Let’s go again to hopefully save someone from our, let’s just call it...experience. Upon arrival we noticed dried vomit on the toilet and the wall. I figured I may as well look at the tub since I was going to be putting my 7 month old daughter in it...but of course there is an obvious pubic hair stuck to the white floor of the tub. We went to the desk to ask them what our options were at this point... they were kind and apologetic. Gave us a suite facing the water which seemed cool, so we packed our bags but this time before unloading I went to the room first. Please tell me I’m just extremely unlucky because low and behold, there is dry puke on this bathroom wall by the toilet too. Hey no pubes on the shower! So...there are these neatly rolled up white towels under the sink...guys, I grab one and I roll it. LONG black hair right inside. Needless to say...we’re done with this place.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelMgmt2, General Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

We appreciate your candor though we’re disheartened to find this review regarding your stay with us last year. We were so sorry to read that you had a variety of uncharacteristic concerns with your guest room upon arrival. We certainly always strive to create a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere for all of our guests and we sincerely apologize that you did not catch us at our best. While our team on-site attempted to make things right, it was disappointing and quite surprising to see that the issues continued. We take the cleanliness of our entire property seriously and what you encountered is not a normal occurrence here. As General Manager, this quality of service and accommodation that you have detailed left me genuinely surprised and I would like a chance to speak with you personally. At your earliest convenience, I encourage you to reach out and contact me directly at the hotel (dlenke@vestahospitality.com) so I may learn more about this situation and work toward restoring your trust. I’m sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you soon.

David Lenke
dlenke@vestahospitality.com

Reviewed September 11, 2019

Large hotel right near the Deschutes River. Rooms are very spacious--we had a bedroom with two double beds and another large room with sitting area, two couches, dining table, and more! With all this space though the rooms are a bit dated. Also, the Keurig did not work and exploded on us every time we tried to use it. The housekeeping was rather lax, as the second day we left at 7 am and when we returned at 3 pm our room had yet to be made up. I think housekeeping was happy when I told them we didn't need the room made up after all.

For such a large facility the gym was lacking. Also one of the swimming pools was closed.
Staff was very cordial and super helpful.

Date of stay: September 2019

It was a pleasure to have you make yourselves at home with us during your recent visit to Bend, and we thank you for sharing your informative review. Our recently reimagined property was meant to capture the rustic spirit of the Pacific Northwest but with all of the modern comforts travelers have come to expect. Thus, while our spacious accommodations and peerless location straddling the mighty Deschutes impressed, we apologize for the disappointing aspects of this visit. We aim to provide only the most relaxing and carefree experiences for our guests where the stress of the day can be carried off by the flowing waters of the river that runs through our property as you let our Riverhouse team worry about all the details. Finding maintenance issues in your guest room and needing to speak with Housekeeping about a lapse in service is not the standard of hospitality we strive for, and rest assured, your concerns have been shared with our Management Team. We hope that you will give us a chance to truly win over your heart in the future. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a biz trip, was surprised at how nice the rooms where. Even had a separate room with big screen and chairs to watch MNF.
The bar had great selection and food, free pool and shuffleboard and a patio on the Deshutes River (but it was too cool and wet to eat outside) but a great view!

Trip type: Traveled on business

Even though you settled in along our little slice of the Deschutes for business, Joe, it seems like you took a lot of pleasure in your visit. From the modern comforts and conveniences of your guest room to the vibrant ambiance at our onsite bar and restaurant, Currents, we were delighted that our recently reimagined property impressed at every turn. Whether you’re with us for work or play, we want you to feel welcome and comfortable in your home-away-from-home and we appreciate you letting us know that we succeeded in five-star fashion. We look forward to seeing you come back through the doors of the Riverhouse the next time your safe travels bring you to Bend.

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

I was leading a motorcycle tour thru Oregon and first night stop was at the Riverhouse. Check in was a little slow but the hotel and rooms were great. What my issue is, the horrible service was in the restaurant. Yes we had a large table of people but restaurant was not packed by the time we got seated. After @ 75 minutes, I got up and found our server and told her that we were going to leave. All of sudden our food showed up, food wasn’t bad, but we were all hungry by that time. To try to make up for the horrible experience, they gave us 25% off and free dessert. Guess what after waiting again for the dessert for over 20 minutes, we all left. The entire tables meal should have been comped. Not sure if I will use them again for a tour.

Trip type: Traveled on business
HotelMgmt2, General Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Thank you for allowing us the honor of hosting you and your tour mates during your travels through Oregon. We take great pride in offering a truly unparalleled experience in Bend, complementing the natural beauty of our little slice of the Deschutes with every modern amenity that travelers would expect. Thus while we were pleased that we succeeded as a comfortable home-away-from-home for you and your group, we sincerely apologize that your dining experience at Currents fell so short. What you have described is not our normal standard of efficient service and as General Manager of the Riverhouse, I would love nothing more than to have a chance to speak with you personally about your experience to work toward restoring your trust (dlenke@vestahospitality.com). I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

David Lenke