“Nice place to stay in Bend”

Riverhouse on the Deschutes
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed November 27, 2013

For an impromptu visit to the Bend and Sisters area, Riverhouse is a pleasant surprise for lodging and dining. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. There are nice rooms on the riverfront. The restaurant is cozy with good food and service.

Stayed: November 2013
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

We're so happy to have been able to host your recent stay in Bend, and we thank you for taking the time to reach out with the experience of your stay. We take immense pride our our facilities and outgoing hospitality, and we're thrilled to hear you take note of this. We'd love to share even more of our offerings with you in visits ahead, and we encourage you to reach out to our team with any of your future booking needs. Many thanks again for being our guest and for lending such a kind voice to your visit!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Riverhouse in Bend Oregon. Our home flooded and our wonderful insurance company SAFECO INSURANCE asked us where we would like to stay in Bend while our house was being repaired. I had heard a lot of great things about the Riverhouse, so I asked to stay there. Our insurance company immediately called CRS Housing to arrange the stay (who was also prompt and wonderful). We ended up staying for approximately 6 weeks due to home repairs. The people at the front desk were always courteous. The housekeeping personnel were honest, friendly, and very good at their job. The indoor pool and spa and outdoor pool and spa were great and pools were always warm!!! We had a great 2 room suite on the river which had an amazing view!! I can hear it as I am typing now from the bedroom (we check out at noon). I can tell you one of the highlights of our stay here was the beautiful and delicious huge breakfast buffet that is served every morning in the restaurant here called The Crossings. One particular person who I would like to mention, was a gentlemen named Ramon who worked there. He was always so courteous, friendly, and always greeted my family so wonderfully!! Thank you Ramon!! It was always so peaceful eating breakfast while looking and listening to the river.

Our stay was amazing and I am sad to be leaving today. This is my thank you to the Riverhouse for making our lives a little bit better during a very difficult time! Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

We're so happy to have lent our Riverhouse family to your own in in this time of need, and while we're sorry for the reasoning behind it, we're thankful to have had you as our guests. It's been an absolute pleasure to be able to share our site and services with you these past weeks, and we'll most certainly pass your praises along to the team for their outgoing hospitality. We hope to see more of you soon--under kinder circumstances, of course--and we encourage you to pop in for a visit or a dinner at your next convenience. Many thanks again for your stay and kind words.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed for two nights last month attending a convention. The bed is comfortable and the rooms seem to be recently renovated. The convention center is very nice, with a beautiful fireplace and water feature. The exercise filth offers two treadmills and a few other pieces of equipment, so I went running earlier than the room was supposed to be open in order to be sure I would get my exercise in. Close to restaurants, but nothing is too far away. Good service, too.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the river!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

It's a pleasure to be able to share the kind comforts of our property with you, and we thank you for taking the time to share your Riverhouse experience with us. We'd love to help create your next relaxing stay in Bend, and we encourage you to reach out as you plan return visits to the region. Thanks again for being our guest and for taking the time to share such thoughtful words of your stay!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Nice folks with decent prices and I have no complaints about this hotel... Nice place with good food. I love to visit Bend and if I go, I always try a new hotel. In this case, I would visit this one again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

It's such a pleasure to have hosted your recent visit to Bend, and we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Kyle. We're thrilled to hear that our site, services and cuisine left such a memorable impression on you, and we look forward to sharing more of this hospitality with you in visits to come. Please be sure to reach out the next time you're in the area; we're excited to host you again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was my first time in Bend, Oregon and the Riverhouse. I was not sure what to expect and after staying there I have mixed feelings. I liked the river rushing by the hotel, the room was clean and large and the bed was comfortable. The restaurant (Crossings) was ok, but the breakfasts were average and the lunch buffet a bit pricy for what was offered. Service was also mixed. My room "keys" stopped functioning several times and other people at the conference said they had the same problem (and no I did not store them near my cell phone). I will commend the young man who worked there who ran to the front desk, a building away and up a small hill, to get me new "keys". Encounters with other employees sometimes were positive but a few times rather unprofessional. Check-in took way too long, especially for a really jet lagged, tired customer. As a conference center, the relatively new conference center was very nice, but there seemed to be no one available to help with their AV system and we constantly had to figure out how to get power points to function on the in house projectors. The Keynote speaker had to cancel his presentation due to this problem.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that open to the parking lot, there is a sign asking people to park face-on as car exhau...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

While it was a pleasure to host your recent visit to Bend, we're sorry to hear that the visit was a mixed one for you. We pride ourselves on creating a seamless experience from start to finish, and we apologize for those bumps in the road of your stay. We would certainly welcome the opportunity to speak more with you regarding this visit, as feedback like yours enables us to improve and involve. In the meantime, we will certainly pass along your concerns in an effort to improve and grow, and we hope for the opportunity to showcase our evolution in your travels to come. Many thanks again for your time and review; we'd love to hear more from and to host you again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I went to the ORLA conference at this hotel, and I was very impressed with the hotel. First, I loved that my room was "Motel" style where the outdoors is your hallway! It is a GREAT way to breath in the fresh Bend air! Having such a great view of the Desuchutes river is priceless,

Free breakfast, great staff, clean room! I will be back for business or pleasure!

Josh

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

We're so happy to have made your business travel even more enjoyable, and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Josh. As you've addressed, there's little that compares to the inviting, open air of our property, and it's a memorable experience to be able to immerse yourself so comfortably into the environment around us. We're thrilled to have been able to host your visit, and we hope that you'll reach out again soon the next time you visit the area. Thanks again for your time and review!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had never stayed here before and was pleasantly surprised how the property was kept. Very clean and can tell they are working toward keeping up with the competition. The only reason I am not rating this "excellent" is purely cosmetic - the outside hallways and stairwells need painting and perhaps new outdoor carpeting and I did not like the bathroom amenities - I'd rather have unopened soap and lotion containers instead of in refillable containers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

It's such a pleasure to have hosted your recent visit to Bend, and we thank you for taking the time to share your Riverhouse experience with us. With continued renovations and updates across our property, we hope that you'll reach out in future travels and that you'll share in our continued evolution. It's a pleasure to lend our hospitality to your travels, and we'd love to host you again! Many thanks for your time and review.