Riverhouse on the Deschutes
Bend Three Sisters Inn & Suites(Bend)(Great Value!)
$156
$133
La Quinta Inn Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$159
$229
Comfort Inn & Suites(Bend)(Great Value!)
$168
$125
$118
$219
$209
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$114
$173
$167
Doubletree.com
All reviewsconvention centerthe rivera river view roomsliding doorindoor poolbreakfast buffettwo sinksnice roompotatoesnice place to staybed was comfortableshort drivecentral oregondowntown bendgolf courseroad tripcurrents
Reviewed February 25, 2013

boyfriend and I had a family gathering to attend so we stayed one night. Room looked fine, clean and the bed was good, small because we are used to king size bed at home. Got a complimentary coupon for a drink during happy hour in the their lounge, couldn't use because we had someplace to be. This is where I prefer to stay when I go to Bend -

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for a fantastic review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your time in providing us your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a horrible experience at a different local resort where I had fallen on January 8. Have so many appointments and a number of doctors in Big Bend, now UGH! I live too far from Bend to drive in easily now. Thank goodness I found the Riverhouse Resort for a home away from home!!! While the surroundings (absolutely stunning, my RIVER runs through it, 3 whirlpools - two indoor, two pools - on indoor and one outdoor, fine dining, great pub. pool, hiking yadda yadda, I can't say enough and rarely am I at a loss for words!!! My new family members are here helping to restore my health and sanity (I didn't tell them I've ALWAYS BEEN CRAZY but i think they know that by now), THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT HAVE RENEWED MY HOPE FOR HUMANITY, I am not exaggerating one whit!! These people CARE! They care about guests, in no small measure, BUT they also care about each other and operate like a tribe of like-minded, kind, efficient,rare and wonderful human beings! The staff at Riverhouse Resort Hotel and Convention Center represent what is makes a GREAT workplace. Something so rare and fine that when I saw and felt their kind regard, united as one species of humanitarian beings, I cried for happy, I REALLY DID!! I'm crying again now while writing this to encourage you (only if you are nice though, stay away if you are mean, stingy or whatever), a missive in gratitude for dozens and dozens of people who have just met me, our lives have touched and you have done so much to make me feel welcome, and whole, and at home, I needed that more than I care to admit, I'm supposed to act like a grown-up but still haven't figured out what the heck that means and I'm 58 years old so I'll probably never ever know and don't think I want to, I'm not a masochist.. AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I AM The Riverhouse Resort Hotel and Conference Center's BEST FAN FOREVER AND I HAVE A BIG MOUTH, SO PREPARE TO BE EVEN MORE BUSY. This is off-season in Bend! Hard to believe that so much great powder on the slopes makes not for HIGH SEASON but low here! However, while most hotels and motels are virtually empty until Spring, Bend's official HIGH season, THE RIVERHOUSE is most often full OFF-SEASON, even mid-week!!! The truth is in the bookings not the pudding, although the food is really great here too!! Come see for yourself. Ask for me, Bunny, if I'm still here, I'll introduce you around!
One very very very satisfied guest/mama.
Bunny

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for such an ecstatic review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Riverhouse. We appreciate hearing how comfortable we have made you during this difficult time. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a fabulous stay at the Riverhouse Hotel! Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a small fireplace which added to the atmosphere as well as a view of the River - it was fun listening to the rush of the water right outside of the sliding door.
A suggestion - a comfortable chair or settee would have made the room perfect! Housekeeping was so very accommodating as to cleaning time - we travel with our two little doggie girls and like to have them out of the room for cleaning. Breakfast was a surprise! The manager of breakfast, Maire, was so helpful and pleasant. We had wonderful conversations. Her assistant Gina was a sweetie! Unlike other hotel breakfasts, Riverhouse provided variety as well as a wide choice of fresh fruits. Everyday was slightly different which my husband enjoyed! As we were on a ski holiday the location was convenient as the trip to Mt Bachelor took only about 30 minutes! The Riverhouse had a great ski deal for us 3 days of skiing for the price of two ski days. We look forward to our next trip to Bend and Mount Bachelor.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for an excellent review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

After living in Central Oregon for 35 years, retirement took us to the Oregon Coast. My husband was needing an evaluation for possible knee surgery, so we headed back the Bend. He is in a brace and in pain, so we called to see what was available for a handicap room at the Riverhouse. We chose the Riverhouse as an option because of the wonderful food we've had over the years, and room service availability. My first contact was Morgan at the front desk to make my reservation. Very pleasant, and a great representative for customer service. She spent all the time I needed to find just the right room for us with my husband's situation. When we arrived our accommodations were just perfect. We ordered room service several times, and Skyler, who delivered our food was another compliment to your customer service. Very pleasant, quick smile, positive, and fun to chat with.
To be able to have the breakfast buffet and use a to-go box to take back to the room was just the icing on the cake! Took all the stress out of this part of our trip. We will be returning to have knee surgery probably in March, and are definitely planning on staying with you!
Again, kudos to Morgan and Skyler for making this part of our trip stress free!!!

Room Tip: We needed a handicap room, so we were on the bottom floor across from the pool. Very quiet, however, the heating system fan was a bit loud. Nice large bathroom with lots of hand rails.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for an excellent review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and that we could make you comfortable during a stressful time. We can assure you our team will be recognized for their efforts in assisting you! We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return to the Riverhouse!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were on a road trip from Boise, ID to the PCH in Crescent City, California, and we needed to spend a night in Bend. We don't usually plan ahead and as a result we have had some disappointments, but this was not one of them! It was a wonderful surprise! A gorgeous large log cabin style building, just beautiful, and very rustic. Our room had glass sliding doors that opened to the rushing of the Deschutes River. The rooms were across the river from the main building and there is a lovely covered bridge to walk across. On the opposite side of the river there was a very old cabin, partially preserved from an earlier time. It looked perfect sitting next to the river, and it took my imagination for a ride! Now, for the room, it was beautifully appointed, clean with a very comfy bed and bedding, lovely lighting, and a fabulous view. There were many area restaurants as it is along a business corridor, but we decided to dine in hotel restaurant that evening. We most often look for something different but because the hotel had such a nice ambiance we decided to dine in. Great decision, it was wonderful! The food was delicious, we each had a steak and found a very nice wine on the list then the cream brulee for dessert. Our table was very private, it may be because we were a bit on the late side, and it had a view of the river, right next to a roaring fire. We had chosen the more casual side of the dining areas instead of the more formal dining room. The waitress was lovely, friendly, helpful but not intrusive. I believe she was new, but she was certainly a professional. In the morning we enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast buffet which was included in the room rate! A top notch meal, with everything you could ask for. If this hotel weren't so far from home we would love to go back again! So, if you are in the area put it at the top of your list!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuckySurferGirl
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for a fantastic review! We are beyond pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like your luck met ours when you decided to pop in for a visit. We hope that you'll join us again soon, whether it is planned or not. We look forward to your return to the Riverhouse!