Riverhouse on the Deschutes
La Quinta Inn Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$124
Holiday Motel(Bend)(Great Value!)
$47
Hilton Garden Inn Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$169
$209
Comfort Inn & Suites(Bend)(Great Value!)
$90
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$144
The Oxford Hotel(Bend)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$179
Travelocity
$106
Cancelon
All reviewsconvention centerthe rivera river view roomsliding doorindoor poolbreakfast buffettwo sinksnice roompotatoesnice place to staybed was comfortableshort drivecentral oregondowntown bendgolf courseroad tripcurrents
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here earlier this month for one night on short trip through Central Oregon. I got a suite on the west side of the property overlooking the river. The facility was fantastic, the room was phenomenal, the river was gorgeous and everyone was friendly and helpful. Breakfast the next morning was definitely a cut above the standard fare. We would absolutely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had a very nice, huge room with a balcony overlooking the river, nice soak and swim in both indoor and outdoor pools/ hot tubs. . . and then, as if we weren't enjoying it enough. . we could take our food from the breakfast buffet outside and have breakfast on the deck right on the river. We had a wonderful time, enjoyed it and will be back!

Be aware, this hotel is right on the main highway through town and across the street from some shops, so it is convenient driving, but not really within walking distance of the downtown area. It has nice grounds, a couple of restaurants, including limited service around the small but very nice pools . . . best of all - staff that went out of their way to be helpful and welcoming. It was busy when we were there, loads of families but not noisy - Great homebase for running around Bend!

Room Tip: We had a river view that was fantastic!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a terrific review! We are beyond thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and truly appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had to go to Bend, as my daughter was ill and needing Mom's attention. I had stayed numerous times in the past, before I retired. My last stay was probably 7 years ago.
I was very, very disappointed. The property has most definately declined in the last seven years.
The room was large, had a comfortable bed, but the price was to high for the shabbiness of the property. There were spider webs in the corners of the room, and the carpet was stained. Since it was late, and I was tired from the drive, I treated myself to a nice dinner from room service. I was told 25 minutes, however, it took over an hour. Finally, when a knock came to my door, a young woman was standing there holding my tray. I pointed to where I would like her to set it, but she stated that she was "not allowed" to enter my room. Now, if I was a male, I could understand the safety factor, however, I am a female. OK, so I took my tray, placed it in my room, went back and signed the ticket. She was dressed in regular clothes, so I assumed she was the hostess. After she left, I went to eat my food. Now, I have room service in many, many hotels, and this is the first time that my food came wrapped only in cellophane. No little silver plates covering the food, just cellophane on my steak. As I started eating, I became immediately aware that the food was at best "lukewarm". I had ordered an expensive filet mignon, and it was touch, and tasteless, not to mention, lukewarm. Ditto for the potato and vegetables. I tried microwaving the food after trying to eat it, but that just ruined everything. This was a $40 room service meal. I don't mind paying for a good meal delivered to my room, however, this was not a good meal. I was so tired, I just went to sleep, even though I should have called room service and complained. Now for the good part. As I was checking out, I mentioned the oddness of the room service deliverer. From that, the desk clerk asked me how everything else was, so I told her. She seemed perplexed on to why the roomservice member would not come in. As we were talking, the restaurant manager happened to come in early. A good end to the story, they removed the room service charge, lowered my room rate, and sincerley appologized. In the end, the front desk staff were very attentive, willing to fix what they could. So, kudo's to the front desk staff. The average rating is for the poor room service, the cobwebs in the room, and the shabbiness of the property. It use to be "the place" to stay in Bend, Or, now, it's just a place to stay.

Room Tip: This is a large property with buildings far from the lobby and restaurant. Ask for a room close to the restaurant, pool, or whatever, as you could be in for a nice little hike.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Helen G

Thank you for your review. We apologize if we did not live up to your expectations. We are looking into the issues you encountered, and they will be addressed. We hope that you will give us another try so we may show you the world-class service we pride ourselves on. Please join us again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights for a convention. View of the river from our room was awesome. Canadian geese bathing in the rapids was lovely to watch. Restaurant food for dinner was very good but not cheap. Tile in bathroom was old and needed regrouting, but room was clean and quiet. Room had a "spa" hot tub which held 2 - but you had to be in great physicial shape to get in and out of it...toughest one I've ever seen to enter and exit. And it wasin a handicapped accessible room! Great mattress on bed to sleep on. I didn't ever try breakfast buffet so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: There is a section across the river from the main hotel. It has it's own parking lot and you can walk across a bridge back to the main restaurant. It is quiet and has a beautiful river view. I'd for sure pay the little bit extra to get the river view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary P
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. We apologize if the tub in your room was a challenge. Please come back and try Crossings for a drink or a quick bite. We hope that you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had never been to the Bend area before, so my husband relied almost exclusively on traveler reviews to select our hotel. He chose the Riverhouse hotel because reviewers raved about the great location and the fabulous breakfast buffet (especially the bacon-- which was supposed to be some earth shattering experience). Very excited about the mind-numbing bacon, my husband booked a three night stay with a river view.

When we arrived, we were a bit confused. The "walk to everything" location we had been promised was untrue. The hotel is off of the main highway. There is a Kohls across the street. No charming, downtown Bend or charming shops anywhere within reasonable walking distance. There was a river, I suppose. But to be more accurate, it looked more like a brook-- it was pretty small.

As for the rooms, hmmm. Where to start? This hotel is older, and years ago, it was probably pretty nice. But everything needs to be updated eventually. Our room was extremely dark. Dark carpeting and very poor lighting. The shower head was meant to accommodate comfortably only those under 5 feet tall. The beds had nice comforters, but it stopped there. The mattresses were hard and uninviting (a pillow top mattress cover would have been a nice start). But the sore backs and fitful sleep would have been okay if the breakfast had come through for us, because we were all dreaming of that heavenly bacon....

There was no bacon.

Morning 1: corned beef hash. Morning 2: sausage links. Morning 3: ham. We left after that. We can only surmise that the bacon would have been served on the fourth day. It was a HUGE disappointment as was the rest of the very average buffet breakfast that was served each day.

To be fair, the Riverhouse does have pools and a golf course which we did not use due to the other events we had planned in the area each day. But for what we thought we were getting based on the other reviews, the property simply did not live up to expectations. And the elusive bacon became the running joke for the rest of the trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank sdnwildcat
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused you, and the confusion over the bacon. We hope to be able to provide you consistent and thoughtful service. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and wish to be able to provide you with the world-class service we pride ourselves on!