“Our room in Bend served its purpose very well. We just...”
Review of Super 8 Bend

Super 8 Bend
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Bend

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hampshire
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Good value for money, functional and ideal for a few nights stay. I am surprised by some of the other reviews because our room was clean and we got a good nights sleep for the two nights we stayed here.

Despite the fact the hotel was very busy, the breakfast items were regularly replaced as soon as things ran out.

We found the two reception staff we met during our stay to be extremely helpful and went out of their way to print off some maps for somewhere we had to find in Bend.

It's very easy to find the hotel and the Outback steak house is within walking distance for an evening meal.

The pool is indoors but there is a small patio area outside with a few chairs. OK, the patio isn't plush but it's functional for a short time if you need to relax after a long day of touring.

I accept that for some people the lack of an elevator might be a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I visit Bend every other year, so I've stayed in a number of hotels in the area. My normal hotel(s) were booked this year so I stayed at this hotel for the first time.

Let me preface this by saying, I'm not a complainer.... I'm actually pretty easy to please, so keep that in perspective!

First issue, no elevator. 4 floors (3 up 1 down) in this hotel and no elevator. Not only did I have to haul our luggage up 3 flights of stairs, but I had to a help a number of elderly guests carry their luggage up steps for them.

Next issue, only half of the rooms are renovated, the other half are not. Initially we got one that was not renovated and it was awful... completely run down and unacceptable.

Not exaggerating at all... I could tell you a dozen things (like the hole in the bathroom floor where the flooring was worn through to the underlayment) that was wrong with this room, but I'll spare you the details. Suffice to say, not acceptable.

We spoke to the front desk and tried to change rooms, but they had nothing else available. We asked for our money back so we could stay somewhere else, and they declined stating it was booked under no-cancellation policy. They did however, offer to move us to a remodeled room the next day after one opened up.

So we stayed that night in the prison cell.

Called the front desk that night and asked for extra blankets (none in the room), told "Each room has an allotment of blankets, there are no extras available".

Seriously? Who says that?

Then there was breakfast... coffee was empty, no cups, no spoons, and the only food left at 8:30am was an apple. Yep... just an apple. And here's the best part, it's right across from the front desk!! If anyone behind the desk remotely cared... it would have been obvious to see and fix!

Day two... new room.

Much better room, definitely remodeled. Still nothing to write home about, but better than the prison cell the night before.

Breakfast, still a joke.

Bottom line, I think that there are much better options in Bend, at least a half a dozen at this price range that I would recommend (and have if you check my reviews) to you over this place.

Final advice, book early at one of the other locations... Bend has a lot of events (i.e. car shows, concerts, etc.) that can bring people into town and fill rooms up quick. Book early and take one of the other hotels.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, be sure to ask for a renovated room and accepting nothing else!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank OutdoorValleyForge

Travelers are raving about these Bend hotels

Nampa
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Not too impressed, the room was clean, but it was pretty run down and there was no light on one side of the bed or even near it. People were smoking in the hall, so it might as well have been a smoking room. No information about the continental breakfast in the room, we had no idea when it ended, so the one day we were going to eat there, we could not because it closed at 9:00 and it was 9:10.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family