“Highway Robbery”
Review of Days Inn Bend

Days Inn Bend
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This was the 4th motel we stayed in on this business/leisure trip and it is an old worn out motel with old worn appliances, furniture, bedding etc. I couldn't tell if the blankets on the beds were full of cigarette burns or if they were just falling apart. My wife woke up with flea bites and when we got home we found a flea on our dog. The upside to this motel was that they were pet-friendly. The fairly large rooms were clean overall with a microwave and fridge. They had one waffle maker for everyone to fight over for breakfast in the office/dining area, beyond that it was a basic motel breakfast. This was the last motel available in town, due to a Quilting Convention we were told. They charged us $140 per room with the senior discount. This was literally a $50 motel and now we know why it was the last one left.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank akanra

Reviewed November 4, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel 5 times in the past year and every time that I come here I am pleasantly surprised. The rooms are great and the staff is always friendly. I stay in hotels maybe 200 nights a year, and I always look forward to staying at this one.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank JackVagabond
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Our nonsmoking room smells of smoke so bad that I would normally ask them to put an ionizer in the room or give us another room -- my hesitancy is due to the length of our stay. Two signs (1 exterior and 1 interior) indicate nonsmoking, however, 2 ash trays were strategically placed in the room. Doesn't make sense, does it? I threw both of the ash trays in the garbage can. I absolutely hate it when a hotel provides nonsmoking rooms and does not ensure that they remain nonsmoking. I will notify Day's Inn of this neglect.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank CowboyRay
Reviewed July 24, 2007

My son and I stayed at the Days Inn after spending the previous night at the Super 8 motel in Bend, which was a total 'dive'. In contrast, we found Days Inn to be competitively priced this time of year and comfortable, clean basic lodging with friendly staff. Like I said, it's basic lodging and everthing is well kept. The only criticism was that the bathroom could've used re-grouting but it was clean and the rest of the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Oregon503
Reviewed June 14, 2007

This Days Inn has large, well furnished rooms and all the expected amenities. The beds were comfortable and the interior was relatively
clean except for the bathroom which was somewhat less so. (We chose not to use the shower given its lack of attention and need of refurbishing.) After noting that there were very few nice cars in the parking areas we noticed that a very large number of the guests seemed to be farm workers or construction workers. The included breakfast was above average for motel food. Although we probably would not stay there again, all in all the Days Inn was a fair value.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ehuff
Reviewed February 16, 2007

Only $55 for 2 with breakfast. Very clean rooms, comfortable beds, very pet friendly with own little doggy park. Staff was really amazing as we recieved/sent numerous faxes for free. They also gave us all the low down on where to eat etc. Very helpful. Breakfast left something to be desired as they were converting to the new OR refridgeration laws for hotels. Overall amazing value for the money. Full amenities and very quiet location.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bobsterkw
Reviewed June 13, 2006

The Days Inn in Bend, OR was great, it has a nice pool, the rooms were extremely clean and large! Breakfast was good and the hotel was very quiet. We were pleasantly surprised once we checked in. I would definately recommended this hotel if you are travelling through and need a place to stay, or are in Bend for a few days, as it was very resonably priced and all the staff were very friendly.

3  Thank ddani73