“Paid for night but would not stay at this motel.”
Review of Days Inn Bend

Days Inn Bend
Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Salem
“Paid for night but would not stay at this motel.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am 71 and my daughter is 49 and it is not the kind of motel we would ever stay in. I had to pay for the first night to get out of my 3 day reservation. We did not feel safe in the area where the motel is located. For women traveling alone we have to be careful and the moment we drove into the parking lot we knew we would not say in this motel. I have learned my lesson. I will never make reservations in advance. I will only stay in motels I can personally see. This mistake cost me $82.50.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Marilyn P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pocatello
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Two things bothered me. First I could not find a parking spot anywhere close to my room. Second the bathroom shower had dirty grout in the shower.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We got what we paid for, a relatively inexpensive aging hotel and facilities. We will stay elsewhere next time. The bed was very uncomfortable and the sheets and towels were thin and frayed. The breakfast buffer was marginal at best. If you have to stop and there is no other available hotel as was our case you may want to stay but I will just keep driving next time.

• Stayed June 2013
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Recently made reservation for an overnight business trip. My husband decided to accompany me. My husband is in a walker & experiences extreme pain when walking even with his walker. When I made the reservation I specifically requested a ground floor room. We arrived less than an hour before my meeting & were told that the room that I had reserved was not available. Only room available was on the second floor & no elevator. Explained my husband was handicapped. Was told sorry the person in our room had decided to extend their stay. Had to help my handicapped husband climb a flight of stairs with not so much as an apology. Would have chosen a different motel had time permitted. Unacceptable.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped you may want to consider a different motel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Bend hotels

Seattle
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were on day 7 of an 8 day road trip and needed a place to stay in Bend. I had stayed here before some years ago and remembered it to be fine. The price was right for our weekday stay ($59.00), especially so considering that it includes a breakfast buffet in the morning. Location was perfect for us, with a grocery store, Baja Fresh, Jack in the Box, etc all within walking distance. We were frazzled, tired, and just wanted to get some rest before our final push home. This place is perfect for that. There is a microwave and small refer in the room, as well as a small dining table.

On the negative side... cleanliness and condition was sub par. The TV in our room wasn't getting any reception, but a quick look at the cable connector showed why, it had come apart at the tv connection. I was able to get it back together, but it was a bit of a hassle. The Air Con worked well, as did the heat (our 3+ year old found the thermostat and decided the 80 degree room needed to be even hotter). No problem.. the air con cooled things off in a few minutes. We had an adjoining room for our parents, but the doors were hard to operate, and took some force to open due to damage. Security seemed adequate, with dead bolt and chain on the main doors. Our room was very spacious.

If you are expecting anything more than simple, adequate sleeping accommodations, you may want to look elsewhere. For us, it proved to be fine. I saw a nice pool there. We didn't go use it, but there were quite a few people enjoying it when we arrived. Although this place is WAY overdue for renovations, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. If you have average expectations, I think you'll find this place adequate (but barely).

Room Tip: We had a mini van stuffed with people and bags. An upstairs room was NOT an option for us! Make su...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family