“Pine Ridge Inn Exceeded my Expectations - a wonderful Stay!”
Review of Pine Ridge Inn

Pine Ridge Inn
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Pine Ridge Inn Exceeded my Expectations - a wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I couldn't have been happier during my stay at Pine Ridge Inn. I had a fabulous time from the second I checked in until I checked out. The staff provided exceptional service with an abundance of personal touches. I am picky about hotels since I have a hospitality background, but I have no complaints about Pine Ridge Inn. I hope to go back again.

There are a few things I would like to note about Pine Ridge Inn. First, the rooms are very large! I stayed in the King Suite, which is the smallest room type, and it was plenty big for two people. The room is smartly situated so that the bed area is separate from the living area. Also, the rooms (at least on the first floor where I stayed) had high ceilings. This was a nice surprise and make the room feel even larger. Also, the rooms blocked out the noise from the hallway. My boyfriend and I stayed in a room right across from the dining area and we did not hear noise when people were dining.

Second, Pine Ridge Inn puts cookies in your room every day, which is a nice touch. They give a different kind of cookie each day, so don't worry if you don't like the type of the cookie on your first day!
Third, and my most favorite part, was the complimentary drinks and appetizers in the early evening. You have a choice between a 5 or 6 microbrews and 3 wines. You also receive a variety of fruits, vegetables, cheese and crackers. On the third night we had chocolate- covered strawberries! This is a wonderful touch because at the majority of other hotels or inns, chocolate -covered anything is usually an additional price.

Fourth, Pine Ridge Inn has environmentally- friendly initiatives. While I did not read anything specific about "green initiatives" on their website, I was pleasantly surprised to find that instead of having plastic water bottles, they provided tap water in a large glass bottle. They refilled the bottle each day. This is great because water is provided and you are not using plastic material. Also, the shampoo, conditioner and body wash are in refillable, large containers in the shower. While you can't take these home (which is always a nice freebie), the inn does not have to purchase thousands of those little plastic shampoo and conditioner bottles, which never hold enough product anyway! They provide Molton Brown bath products, which are my personal favorite. The amount of products in plastic containers a hotel has to provide adds up quickly, so I was happy to see they were reducing the amount of plastic waste.

Lastly, I loved the breakfasts in the morning! Each day, you had an option between two meals. Usually there was an egg dish with meat and a either pancakes/french toast/waffles. As a vegetarian, I was pleased that I had options. Also before my main dish I received a fresh baked good and along with my meal I received assorted fruit. They gave you a lot of food for breakfast.

Other compliments about the inn is that they had a variety of DVDs you can watch. I stayed at the inn the weekend before Valentine's Day, so the staff had a special selection of romantic movies. The beds were very comfortable and I liked having two separate sink areas. The inn is in a great location to downtown and Mt. Bachelor. The only negative I would have to say about the inn is that it felt dark in the room with the main ceiling lights on, so I had to turn all the lamps on. Overall, you get a whole lot of bang for your buck. I wouldn't be surprised if they increased their rates to match the exceptional service they provide.

Pine Ridge Inn is a fabulous place to stay. This is more than a hotel; it is an experience. So, if you are just booking a place to sleep at night, you will be missing out on their special amenities. This is definitely a place for people who want more than just a hotel room. I would strongly recommend Pine Ridge Inn for anyone staying in Bend!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DianaSchwartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 17, 2011

This is our 4th trip to the Pine Ridge and each time it gets better. The rooms are spacious, comfortable king bed, separate sitting area and patio above the beautiful Deschutes River. At all times the staff is gracious, quick to respond to any requests or questions. A special surprise bottle of champagne greeted us when they discovered that it was a very special anniversary trip.
Breakfasts are all custom prepared and bountiful. Social hour with wine and treats is a great way to meet fellow guests and to share Bend's experiences.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This is a small business hotel. The service was friendly and the room we booked was nice. However, we were expecting an inn. We were there for July 4 and it seemed that there were perhaps only one or two guests in the hotel. The room lacked charm and was expensive compared to comparable Oregon hotels

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bbmf4
Oregon, USA
Reviewed February 13, 2010

This is our third time here and I am writing from the room as we speak. We do prefer the suite compared to the mini suite but you can not go wrong here. The servie is perfection. The rooms are top of the line. The bedding, decor and quality is excellent. I will post pictures. The evening social with complimentary wines, microbrews and yummy snacks, fruits and hot dips are delicious. The included breakfast has hot and cold cereals, yogurts, granola, a hot plated choice, juices coffee. yum. A tummy full. The treats they put on your pillow with turndown are spectacular. tonight was FRESH coconut macaroons. Look at the pictures I took tonight when we arrived. This really is a gracious, appealing, comforting bed and breakfast with 5 star accomdations. The front desk even made our dinner arrangements for tomorrow (Valentines'Day) for us and is provididng breakfast in bed. We will be back. I could go on ( I AM a woman) and on about what a relaxing treat it is to be here. My hubby goes boarding at Mt Bachelor and sometimes I go, and sometimes i just stay in and read in front of the fireplace. Love, Love Love it here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We decided to stay at the Pine Ridge Inn this time and we are glad we did. The room
had it's own sitting room and we had a beautiful view of the Dechutes River. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom had a large shower with two sinks.
Customer service is where this inn shines. We were always greeted by name and the
daily breakfast provided three selections. Happy hour greeted the evening and nightly
turndown service was provided which left our ice bucket filled, bottled water topped up and a nightly bedtime snack. This inn provided a beautiful respite-we can't wait to return.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Small inn close to most things in Bend, Oregon. Rooms nicely furnished with private balconies and lots of room. They have tasty breakfasts and decent wine in the afternoons with minimal munchies. The inn is quiet.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ORhiker
OR
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We have stayed at the Pine Ridge Inn twice with in the year. The staff is absolutely amazing!! Our first time to the Inn we were visiting family in Bend for a football game. Our nephew plays football for one of the highschools in the area and we let the staff know who he was in general conversation and when we came back from the game one of the staff members had gotten a newspaper from the day that had his picture in it and had it placed on our table with our cookies! What service!! I can't say enough about the staff, they absolutely wait on you hand and foot. This place is as cozy as home but with your very own wait staff. The rooms are wonderful,clean and spacious. Food is spectacular.....really i can't say enough....planning another trip in the fall.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple