“1974”

Mount Bachelor Village Resort
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Is it true? So long as the plumbing is original you can determine in what year a residential place was built. Our place of transitory housing had one bedroom with a queen bed and a vanity. I stayed in the loft, which also had a vanity. There was a full kitchen which opened the options of eating in or out. A large selection of cable tv channels were available to choose from for your daily wind up or down. So I was bored, I lifted and flipped toilet tank lid...1974. I had to lift with all my night for the lid was stuck to the tank. I guessed early '80's. I was way off. The heaters lining the base of walls should of been my clue. A gas fire place with electric blower has been installed since. Nice enough place.

The cleaning service over three days was poor. Our bathroom seemed less clean than we left it everyday, perhaps in protest of our daily request of clean towels

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Enrique C

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was in Bend for business and they decided to put me up at this "resort". This place is not good for people traveling on business that do not have vehicles. There is nothing at a reasonable walking distance of here such as restaurants, stores etc. No breakfast, no real restaurant. They have a small cafe at the Athletic Club on property, but it was open odd hours and the service took quite a bit of time. Food was ok though. Also, in order to get to the Athletic Club cafe, you had to walk down a dirt trail that was not lit. So there is really no way you could have done this at night. The business center located in the main checkin area had an old computer that didn't even have MS Office on it so I couldn't print out any documents. I stayed in an executive room (have NO idea why they would call it that), and it was so dated it kinda made me laugh. Shag carpet, a VCR (I'm not kidding) and furniture from the 1980's. The nice part about the room was the corner window seat, which was comfy. The TV/VCR/Direct TV combo had THREE different remotes, it took me 10 minutes just to figure out what I was doing. The heater/air is also dated and although there was a "low" and "high" setting, it was loud and when the heat was on, it was BLASTING. When I turned it off, it was cold. There was no happy medium. The village/resort felt like a campground to me...but perhaps that was just because I was in Oregon, which I am not used to. Lighting was non-existent around the place so if you didn't have a car, and were there at night, I wouldn't recommend attempting to walk around. The grounds in the daytime had really pretty views of the river, so it was at least picturesque.

The service at the checkin desk was mediocre. They're obviously not used to guests who ask a lot of questions or people traveling on business. They were polite, but not really helpful. If you're in Bend for outdoor-sy activities and have a car, this place would probably be ok for you. But if you're on business, have no car and expect anything that is remotely up to date, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at the Mt Bachelor Village Resort which aside from the odd name is very nice for families. We had a two bedroom suite whichever as incredibly spacious. The kitchen was very well stocked with glasses, pots etc. we booked through mt bachelor website so got ski passes and buss passes as part of the deal. It is also right next to a pretty amazing health club which you can visit as a guest. The health club had one very rude desk person but that was he only negative we had during the whole trip.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Mount Bachelor Village Resort. It is in a good location, close to town. Our room was very nice and quiet! We arrived after dark and had some trouble locating the office to check-in, but once we did, the receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msmarmot
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were here for a 2 day convention. Check in was a breeze and staff were courteous and attentive. We stayed in a first floor unit in Ski House 1, around the corner from check in. In a wooded peaceful setting. The room décor was so-so. Couch and chairs were comfy. The pull-curtain for the sliding door was damaged on one end and did not cover the entire window. The room was stocked well for extended stay with kitchen utensils and basic cookware.

The unit was clean, no bugs.

Bed was firm which I like.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here a number of times. We are pretty spoiled by the River Ridge condos. These condos overlook the Deschutes river from a private deck with a grill and hot tub. The kitchen in our unit was extremely well equipped. The bedroom was large and comfortable with more than adequate storage. The living area included a dining space and a comfortable lounging area with stereo, DVD player, and large screen TV. Our unit even included a washer and drier.

The complex includes a pool and 6 outdoor tennis courts. There is a great walking trail along the river. One is only a short distance from the city of Bend with its restaurants, breweries, and many outdoor activities.

It is a pretty self-sufficient place. There's not a lot in the way of extra services like concierge, spa, room service, etc. If that's your expectation, you might be happier someplace else. However, if you want a great experience in a beautiful location, Mount Bachelor Village is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you can spring for it, get a River Ridge condo.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A wonderful quiet resort in beautiful settings with a large pool set in a grassy area--great place to relax and revitalize tired muscles after 5-6 hour 50 km mountain biking rides.
The only reason for not giving it five star was the apartment rooms--spacious but dark in the trees and a little tired in the interior. Condos overlooking the river or houses were spectacular in comparison.
Easy access to town by bike or car--though a touch far for walking if there was a post ride libation or two.
As a family retreat--it would be perfect for everyone.

Room Tip: chose a room/condo/house overlooking the Deschutes River
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends