“An Expensive disappointment”

WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We were looking forward to a nice stay at a "pricey" resort. What we found was:

Dirty carpets, mold all around the bathtub, light fixtures not working, no response to maintenance requests and LOUD amplified music. Extremely disappointed in the experience. Aside from the view, it was comparable to staying at a Motel 6. Save your $$$ and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Tazb0
There are newer reviews for WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort

Reviewed September 3, 2007

I recently stayed at the Inn for a few nights. The arrangements were made by another party so I had no choice in the matter. But if I ever do, I wouldn't stay again.

My reasons for never staying again have less to do with the condo itself or the service. Both of these were fine, no problems to speak of. There's also a lovely walk to the Deschutes River that I'd recommend. But the vibe of the place, instilled by the people, was simply oppressive.

This resort is really only good for one group: suburban families. If you have kids or if you love kids and if you hail from a suburb, it's a dream come true.

Everywhere I looked, I saw parents and their kids. You must love children to stay here. Secondly, there was no diversity amongst the travellers. If you like or prefer it this way, definetely go. But otherwise, everyone looks and acts alike which made for a very depressing time.

If you want to duplicate your suburban home in the beautiful town of Bend, head to this Inn. If you want anything else, go elsewhere.

4  Thank Peppermints
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Our lodgings here were excellent. We had a one bedroom, (King Bed) two bath premium condo for the two of us. Everything was clean and new. The furnishings were attractive and the seating was very comfortable. There were two televisions which we never even turned on, a DVD player and a fireplace. The kitchen was equipped for cooking just about anything. We ate out except for breakfasts but I could imagine just eating in would be enjoyable after a long day sightseeing.
There was a long deck that was separated by a wall so two couples could have privacy if they were sharing this space. There were also two entrances to the condo, one to the living area and one to the bedroom, which would also make sharing more enjoyable. The maid came everyday but we usually sent her away. There were plenty of large thick towels and toiletries in the bathrooms and everything was very easy to keep tidy.
Our building although brand new inside was being renovated outside. The outside walls were roughed up as if they were ready for a redo. This did not bother us and we experienced no disturbances at all. The grounds themselves were very attractive with lush lawns and well kept vegetation. Our view from the deck was of Mount Bachelor, which was snow covered in May.
Our room rates were $99 for weekdays and $139 for the weekend. This was listed under special rates for a Premium condo which are the renovated units.
We never did eat in the restaurant or in the bar but I liked that there were places to go if we didn't feel like driving back to town, which as I recall was 4 or 5 miles away. There were several large swimming pools which again we didn't use as we forgot our suits.
Overall, with our good rates I felt we had a wonderful place.
If we had to pay more, with the surroundings and kitchen/living areas, it would still be worth it in my view. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarciS
Reviewed July 4, 2007

We were at another hotel that we checked out of in hopes of finding something better. We visited the Real Estate office who toured up quite leisurely through the different sized condos and then offered us a package deal and discount rate on each night. We were in town for a wedding and many of the other family members were also staying here so it was very convenient. We had a one bedroom condo with a great view, comfortable furniture and everything had been upgraded. Definitely ask for a premium room. Some of the other guests had the unrenovated and they had Murphy beds in the lving room , which were more comfortable than our pull out couch. This resort is great for families as they have 1, 2 & 3 bedroom units. The view of the mountains is gorgeous. We enjoyed walking each day, the pool was very nice and the rec center on site was convenienct for bike rentals, kayaking, white water rafting, etc. There is also a stables with many beautiful horses. My husband picked up a 25lb bag of carrots to feed them each morning. We live in the city so this was so cool to us. The staff was very nice and we enjoyed the rest of our vacation and the wedding that brought us to Bend.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2007

My husband booked this for my 40th birthday surprise. By the time he told me where we were going, it was too late to cancel the reservation (this would not have been my first choice, but he tried).

Never having been here before, I was expecting a true resort, not a bunch of tired condos that were built (and last updated) in the 1970's. The resort literature references a recent mutlimillion dollar upgrade - not sure what they did to upgrade, but it doesn't appear that any of this money was spent on the buildings in which we stayed. The first condo we were given smelled musty and mildewy and was extremely dated in decor. For $250 a night, I was expecting a little luxury, not the two dozen cigarette butts that were scattered outside of our back door.

Management promptly upgraded us to another room when we complained, and this room was better, but it was still disappointing. The shower was a bit moldy, we had a spider problem in the kitchen, etc. We called for Sunday brunch in the restaurant (per the resort guide) and were told that the restaurant didn't open until 5:30pm. We called for horseback riding at 12:30 on Sunday afternoon, and were told that since the stables hadn't received a phone call for a few hours the horses were put away for the day. We asked for a walking map of the facility and were given a photocopied version that was no longer legible. Overall, a real disappointment. I could see how this place might appeal to large groups or families, but it turned out to definitely an overpriced getaway for a busy couple just looking for a little pampering and relaxation for a special occasion. We won't be back.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank NederlandGirl
Reviewed March 28, 2007

We booked a week's stay last summer at Seventh Mountain Resort (sorry it's taken me so long to write this review -- I've been busy!!). We booked it entirely due to the favorable reviews on TripAdvisor. And yeah, it was pretty good. I guess I was just expecting it to have more of a luxury feel to it than it did. We had a very spacious family unit with a loft, and it was supposed to be a renovated unit (I guess it was, inside, but the DECK was crumbling and splintering to bits). You couldn't even be out there on it. Really yucky. The pool area was very nice, and the restaurant was good too. I guess I was just expecting something more fancy, but it was more summer camp for families-ish.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jacquelyn Lee
Reviewed March 26, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at the Seventh Mountain March 12 - 17, 2007. We booked on the website - Premier Resorts - under the "Three and Free" special offer, stay three nights, the fourth is free, in a Premium 1 bedroom condo. It was GREAT! We arrived early and were given access to our condo an hour earlier than the regular check in time, which was very nice considering we had been up since 3AM EST. The Condo was just as advertised on the web site and we were very pleased. An added bonus, was the HUGE closet by the main door where we were able to keep our ski equiment and hang our jackets, etc. so that the rest of the condo was not cluttered, like so often it is when skiing!

This is a super spot if skiing Mount Bachelor! Close to the mountain, as well as town. Each evening, after returning from skiing, we relaxed in the hot tubs, which are just a short walk from the condos, with a bath house on site for changing so you don't freeze! Pool towels are supplied in your condo and they are big!

Season's restaurant is excellent. The staff is absolutely wonderful and the food is top knotch. The wine selection is extensive, ranging in price from the high twenty's to the hundreds and if you find a favorite, you can bring it home.

We plan on returning to Mt. Bachelor and will absolutely stay at the Inn again!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple