WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshorseback ridingbedroom condoice skatingpools and hot tubsminiature golfhiking trailsmt bachelorski areafull kitchenthe riveroutdoor activitiesshort drivethird floorking bedfire pitunitsskiing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2007

A quickly put together ski trip turned out to be a great adventure. The condo was very nice, lovely view and nicely furnished. I must say that I was expecting a newer facility based on the pictures from 7th Mountain web site but once I got passed the initial disappointment I found the resort to be very nice. The staff was very friendly, business center quite adequate, the pool area very well maintained and the resturant was actually very good. The overall location of 7th Mountain is wonderful. Quick drive down to Bend( fantastic litttle town) and 14 miles up to Mt Bachelor. I traveled with my 16yr old son and his best friend. The laughter never stopped, either due to their Monty Python type humor or from watching me fall on my face sking. We skied in Colorado in January but the snow at Mt Bachelor was much faster. I had read before we left some unflattering reviews about the Mountain but we found the facilities to be very good and the staff to be mostly friendly. You have a few stinkers no matter where you go but 99% were super friendly. The Mountain was not crowded at all even on Friday's $25 Pepsi Day and Saturday. Although I did hear a few natives complain about the 10 minute( if that) wait for the lift. They should go to Breckenridge during Spring break! Did I mention how fast the lifts are?! Quick on and quick off! Allot of time sking as oppossed to Colorado. By the third day the boys were exhausted and had their fill of snowboarding. At least for a while.
If you are a Texan,like me, think about Bend, Or and Mt Bachelor instead of Colorado for a change. We flew into Portland, which was not that expensive, even Southwest flies there. The 3 hour drive to Bend may sound long but the beauty of the State makes the drive seem short. It will take your breath away.
We drove from Portland to Bend on Hwy 26 to Madras and then south to Bend. We drove past Mt Hood and several other mountains. You will be surprised that once past Mt Hood the topography changes to grassy plateaus. On the trip back to Portland we drove on Hwy 20 past Sisters( I must go back there this summer to shop) and through the Cascades. Early morning fog below and clouds up above. Everything you imagine about the beauty of Oregon was there that morning. Awesome.

Yes we had a fantastic time in Oregon!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Sugarlandtraveler
Reviewed February 24, 2007

We stayed at the Seventh Mountain using a package which included lift tickets at Mt. Bachelor. Our room was spacious, and had a small kitchen which was handy for breakfasts. The room was comfortable but plain -- nothing special. It was a bit drafty due to a very poor seal around the door.

The next time I stay in Bend I'll try another place.

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank Fidalgorob
Reviewed December 11, 2006

We had stayed at the Inn of the Seventh Mountain back in the 1980's - when it was a tired, worn out place. We decided to try it out again and booked a weekend special (which included a sales pitch for shared deed condo units). The resort is much better than it used to be. It will be a LOT better once they complete the residing job on all of the condo units - the exteriors are in terrible shape after 40 years of weather beating. The interiors are nice though. The location is great - on the way to Bachelor but still close to Bend. Much more convenient than SunRiver. The new pools and hot tubs are great. The outdoor ice skating rink was wonderful. We had dinner at Seasons, the restaurant on site, and it was great (better than the Pine Tavern in Bend where we ate the previous evening, and great service for us and our six year old son.) The condo presentation was not a hard sell - they do have a pretty good product to offer and we were offered usage of the real estate office's two lift passes up at the mountain so I had no problem listening to the presentation after a great day of skiing. The other bonus is that the resort is linked to the Deschutes River trail - which I had somehow missed in my previous stays. That alone will make me want to come back, with a mountain bike in the summer or fall.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank BDen
Reviewed November 30, 2006

My husband, my 2 year old daughter, and I recently spent 2 nights at the Seventh Mountain Resort.

Approximately three weeks before our trip, I contacted the resort about reservations and information about activities on the property. I had seen the specials on the Internet and was aware of the rates available for the days in which I was interested. I had to specifically ask about the lower priced rooms--the non-renovated rooms--to find out about them. The person I spoke to told me there were "lots" of activities and cited golf and the pools. I mentioned that I originally heard of the resort through a book called "100 Best Family Resorts in North America" and mentioned some of the activities listed in my resource. The person I spoke to said, "I don't know what you were looking in, but it was old." He referred me to the website (which I had already visited). The website, by the way, also mentions "activities" without specifics--not helpful to a parent. I also requested that he send me any information available from the resort about activities available and things going on at the resort--either for the month of November or even for the previous month of October--to give me an idea of what was typically available. The person I spoke to said he would send something out. I also asked him how many rooms of each type were available on the days we were considering to have an idea of the urgency of booking. He told me there were 15 non-renovated rooms and 70 renovated rooms available. With a 7 day cancellation policy and a drive over Crater Lake with unpredictable weather conditions, we decided we could wait on making reservations.

When no information had arrived by the morning we planned to leave for our trip, my husband called to check availability again. Again, the person he spoke to did not offer the non-renovated rooms. She also told him that unless we specifically reserved that room type, the resort might not have one clean and ready for us when we arrived. With a $100 difference for a renovated room when we planned to spend all of our time outside the room, we made a reservation for 4 hours later for the non-renovated room.

When we arrived, the non-renovated room was "clean" and "ready." The room's clock had not been adjusted for daylight savings time, which indicated to us that noone had even bothered to dust the room for months. As we were unpacking, we found dirty socks and shirts from the previous guests in the drawers of the bedroom dresser. By morning the bathroom had enough bugs of various species that I made a comment to my husband that the resort needed a better exterminator. My husband noticed a cool breeze throughout the night coming from the corner where an interior wall met an exterior wall.

We ate at the resort's restaurant--the only one open for dinner. It was fine--but it was not fabulous. On our way out, our daughter was thrilled to see 3 raccoons. A staff member told us that the raccoons on the grounds are mean and that he turns and walks away from them because they do not fear people--and they really didn't. It was nice to have a warning to keep my daughter safe.

And finally, the icing on the cake. To this point, we would have considered returning. The second night we were there, my daughter threw up. After we cleaned her up, called housekeeping to get the sheets and bring new ones (the guy didn't want to take the dirty ones out of the room--we had to ask him 3 times), changed her, bathed her, and got her settled down on a little sleeping bag on the floor, my husband and were exhausted. As we started to pack the suitcases up, we looked down to see A MOUSE running across the floor. This was the first time my daughter had slept in a room by herself at a hotel, and there was a mouse running around!! At this point I was incredibly glad I didn't pay for the renovated room because based on the way the buildings are constructed the rooms are all in the same buildings. I'm certain the mice don't just live in the "cheap" rooms.

The next morning when we checked out, the clerk didn't even have the decency to pretend surprise. She actually told my husband that since the resort is in the woods, it gets mice. Well, our yard has deer, coyote, and raccoons, and our neighbors have had a bear on their roof. Neither we nor our neighbors have mice in our houses!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank oregonianmom
Reviewed August 14, 2006

We (2 adults and teenager) stayed 3 nights in a premium 1 BR and really enjoyed our stay. Room bigger than expected, and had a comfortable pull out sofa and murphy bed (which broke) in LR next to giant island/bar and nice fully furnished kitchen, good divided bath with 2 sinks, comfortable bed in BR, view of creek. What more could you want - a small family could easily live there full time, especially with a good golf course next door, tennis courts, stable, pools, work out room, etc. It had a camp feel about it. And on the way to Mount Bachelor, next to the river where you go rafting, and only 10 minutes from town. We ate at the gourmet restaurant, Seasons, which was good. I'd recommend this place to anyone. We paid about $153 with AAA discount.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank wbere