“Great location, nice resort and wonderful condo!”

WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wonderful 5 night vacation! After reading reviews of resort-managed rooms not all being updated I decided to go the VRBO route to ensure what exact unit I would get, what it came with etc.I rented a condo thru VRBO (vrbo id149458). It had one bedroom with a king bed, and a murphy bed in dining area that folds up easily "out of sight out of mind".
The owners were easy to communicate with, replied promptly and clearly. Check in was easy and quick. I was a bit nervous because the group ahead of us mentioned a wedding in the pavilion which I knew was next to our Building 21. However, they had to obey the noise ordinance as well so it was not an issue! In fact my 8yo son and I opened up the deck door and danced to the reception music in our unit, quite fun! The condo was wonderful, we will be back! Location at the resort is perfect, easy to get to everything and the view from the deck is perfect for a morning cup of coffee. The master bed was so comfortable! I'm over 6' and the shower in the master bath was wonderful as well, no bending over to wash hair like in many hotel showers. I imagine those a few inches taller would find it adequate as well. Plenty of drawer and closet space, so nice not to live out of the suitcase. Kitchen was well appointed, there was not a utensil that I needed and couldn't find. We loved the professional waffle maker, so easy to use flip the switch and wait for the beep! I liked the options of eating at the island, kitchen table or the deck which is where we ended up most times! Can't beat the view! We used the murphy bed one night when we gave up the master to family, it too was comfy. Living room area was nice, had some board games which was fun. We brought Twister and there was enough floor space to set it up in living room. Couch could use updating, I hear a new one is on the way. Who goes on vaca to sit on a couch anyway ;-) Having a 2nd full bathroom, with more closet space, off the living area was nice. Perfect home base for a Bend vacation. Obsidian Flow and Lava Tube Caves were an easy drive.

The resort itself could use some updating, especially kids arcade and some grocery options would be nice. It's not what I remember from years ago but met our needs and my 8yr old son doesn't know any different. Pools were nice/clean, horseback riding wonderful and mini-golf fun. The large grassy area perfect for a game of catch or tag! Wonderful unit and we will return!

Room Tip: I would go the vrbo route to make sure you get what you want in a room.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We spent three nights at the Inn on a promotional offer I received in the mail. The cost per night was just over $100.00. Our room was generally clean, but has seen better days. The carpet is stained in a few places and the overflow in the bathroom wash basin is full of mold and smells moldy. Some of the hard furniture (night stands etc) are a gouged and scratched. They are the same furniture that was her in1991. The bed was fine. You also need to know that there is no regular maid service for the duration of your visit.

The grounds are well kept and attractive. The exterior of the buildings have been re-sided and painted and look new.

If you go there, I would suggest that you ask for a unit between number 1 and 15. These units face south and overlook the Deschutes River Canyon. Also, in the evening you can use the balconies, while on the west end of the property it is hot on the balconies in the afternoon and early evening.

When,we checked in at the reception we were greeted rapidly and registration was taken care of efficiently Very pleased.

This is a good resort for families with children. They pool area ( two pools) is well-maintained. However, if you don't like swimming in a pool with children from 3 years up, this is not your cup of tea.

Room Tip: Get in room in the buildings with a low number - 10 or less
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The grounds are amazing, our condo was sweet. Back patio was right up against a drop off. We did the Kayaking trip down the upper Deuchettes River. Lots of activities including mountain biking, kayaking, white water rafting and horseback riding. All in very happy with our stay.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recommend Seventh Mountain Resort to anyone interested in getting the most from their vacation dollar. In all, I have nothing but verbal bouquets to laud Seventh Mountain and its staff. 5 Stars. Well kept rooms and attentive staff make this a great stay. We were treated like family and I will keep this as a treasured memory. Thanks!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Seventh Mountain Resort is a fantastic destination in and of itself. Though about 5-7 miles outside of Bend proper, it's a clean, comfortable place to spend an entire day, what with heated pools, a miniature golf course, a decent restaurant, a general store and even some terrific local Oregon microbrews on tap.

We've been twice now, most recently last week, and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the river, if you can. The mosquitos are pretty bad in Bend, especially in...
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Booked one night in a queen studio room, the last night before heading home from a long road trip. After a great initial impression, the entry, friendly front desk staff, we arrived to find a terribly dated dingy little room -- old, broken lamp shade, threadbare very wrinkled bed skirt, grimy dated club chairs that I would not even sit on -- I called the front desk to ask if this room was representative of the rooms in this resort. The woman at the desk apologized and said that that was the size room we booked. I told her it was not the size of the room that was the problem. She said some rooms of that size had been renovated and connected me to reservations to see if we could switch. The reservations agent checked and all renovated rooms of that size were full but stated he wanted us to be happy and upgraded us to a renovated one bedroom at no extra charge. The second room was much, much nicer but the whole thing left us with a bad taste. We had been planning to eat at the resort but instead we went into town. The pool was very nice and seemed to be mostly families/groups on extended visits. The hotel sent an email comment card and I filled it out with similarly to the above. I received a note from the manager stating they were working with condo owner to improve the room. I appreciate that but why not inspect and fix these issues before putting a guest such a room? Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a wonderful place of peace and beauty that sits quietly at the edge of an alpine paradise. Don't miss what lies beyond it on the Cascade-Lakes Highway - or what lies behind it in the town of Bend! My understanding is that some of the condos have recently been purchased by Worldmark and will be available to timeshare owners in the fall. Based on my recent experience (a late-June, two-night stay in a one-bedroom unit,) I would suggest that the new proprietors do the following:
1. Keep the lovely warm (89°) swimming pools that are open year round from 9:00 AM to 11:00 pm.
2. Keep the inviting outdoor spas and fire pit.
3. Keep the well-groomed grounds. They are natural, but in a rustic, park-like way.
4. Keep the enthusiastic staff on board.
5. Keep the many activities for families and outdoor lovers.
6. And complete the update of furnishings, kitchens and baths throughout the resort.

However, if possible, please consider...
1. Offering some assistance with luggage on the stairways.
2. Doing some carpet replacement or spot-cleaning where needed.
3. Adding a few more hooks for wet towels and swimsuits in the bathrooms. One is not enough.
4. Adding a second folding luggage rack in the units that sleep four.
5. Providing salt and pepper in the kitchens. Yes, it's a small detail, but sometimes, at the last minute, it's an essential one. ("What??? No Salt?") (We were told to go to Safeway in Bend.)
6. Stationing more people at the front desk. (I had a question about my bill, and my lone customer service person was interrupted no less than seven times before he could finish helping me.)
7. Improving the pool towel distribution system.
8 . Supplying gas to fireplaces that now require compressed logs, (which incidentally, cannot be burned during the summer months anyway.) We found ourselves fireless on a chilly High Desert/Cascade Mountain evening.
9. And certainly, in the meantime, providing a complimentary pressed log or two for those truly cold, after-ski, winter nights!

I think you can look forward to many thoroughly pleased guests, be they young, old, families, couples or rendezvousing friends. It's a comfortable place to gather and relax.

Room Tip: Choose a second story unit. You will have to climb stairs anyway; May as well have a balcony and a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends