Wonderful 5 night vacation! After reading reviews of resort-managed rooms not all being updated I decided to go the VRBO route to ensure what exact unit I would get, what it came with etc.I rented a condo thru VRBO (vrbo id149458). It had one bedroom with a king bed, and a murphy bed in dining area that folds up easily "out of sight out of mind".
The owners were easy to communicate with, replied promptly and clearly. Check in was easy and quick. I was a bit nervous because the group ahead of us mentioned a wedding in the pavilion which I knew was next to our Building 21. However, they had to obey the noise ordinance as well so it was not an issue! In fact my 8yo son and I opened up the deck door and danced to the reception music in our unit, quite fun! The condo was wonderful, we will be back! Location at the resort is perfect, easy to get to everything and the view from the deck is perfect for a morning cup of coffee. The master bed was so comfortable! I'm over 6' and the shower in the master bath was wonderful as well, no bending over to wash hair like in many hotel showers. I imagine those a few inches taller would find it adequate as well. Plenty of drawer and closet space, so nice not to live out of the suitcase. Kitchen was well appointed, there was not a utensil that I needed and couldn't find. We loved the professional waffle maker, so easy to use flip the switch and wait for the beep! I liked the options of eating at the island, kitchen table or the deck which is where we ended up most times! Can't beat the view! We used the murphy bed one night when we gave up the master to family, it too was comfy. Living room area was nice, had some board games which was fun. We brought Twister and there was enough floor space to set it up in living room. Couch could use updating, I hear a new one is on the way. Who goes on vaca to sit on a couch anyway ;-) Having a 2nd full bathroom, with more closet space, off the living area was nice. Perfect home base for a Bend vacation. Obsidian Flow and Lava Tube Caves were an easy drive.
The resort itself could use some updating, especially kids arcade and some grocery options would be nice. It's not what I remember from years ago but met our needs and my 8yr old son doesn't know any different. Pools were nice/clean, horseback riding wonderful and mini-golf fun. The large grassy area perfect for a game of catch or tag! Wonderful unit and we will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Central Oregon, Seventh Mountain Resort is a year-round paradise encircled by peaks, lakes and meadows. Offering a special brand of hospitality shrouded in natural splendor, the resort provides the perfect destination for families, groups and adventure seekers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seventh Mountain Hotel Bend
- Hotel Of The Seventh Mountain
- Of The Seventh Mountain Hotel
- Inn Of The Seventh Mountain