“Great little place”

Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Siletz, Oregon
“Great little place”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have stayed at the Bend Inn & Suites twice now and will definitely again in the future. It's a cozy place and the staff is always great. The out door pool was so so nice in the summer, It's not to far of a drive from downtown, breakfast was basic but good, the convention center and river is just across the highway, there is a great family fun center a short distance away, and Macy's and Tj Maxx is just next door. We have stayed in quite a few hotels because we travel for wrestling in the winter and we will definitely be recommending this to the other parents in the club next time there is a tournament out that way!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
La Grande, Oregon
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I found this hotel after being disgusted with the one I originally booked. They gave me a great rate on the spot, and were friendly and welcoming. The room was very nice- clean, comfortable, with everything I needed for a week-long stay (fridge, microwave, hair dryer). The complimentary breakfasts were good for a non-restaurant kind of meal; hot waffles, cereal, toast, fruit, and hard-boiled eggs. My only disappointment is one I have with many hotels: the lighting is inadequate. It's hard to apply makeup and style hair with only the one harsh light over the sink. I'd stay there again, though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Albany, California
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was given considerate service at check-in, despite considerable disruption by a vanload of registrants. Further thoughtful service was offered during my stay, including my request for a 2-hr late checkout!
My very-competitively-priced room was large and very nicely appointed as would be expected in a fine city hotel. The bed was quite "comfy" without being overly soft. The bath had a large tub/shower and quality sink/fixtures in a 5-foot marble counter. Carpeting was very clean as was the rest of the room. Stylish wardrobe closet was perfectly functional (integrated spaces for ironing board/iorn) and still left plenty of room for suitcases beside it.
The HEATER was nearly PERFECT, a pleasant surprise as it had to run all night due to sub-freezing weather. It had a "fan on" switch that keeps your legs/feet warm when sitting at the desk, because air continues to circulate between heating cycles. It is as QUIET as possible for a non-central system. The fan was very quiet on low and only minimally noisy on high; high only was needed at start-up. It is a "heat pump" high-efficiency system, so it's a bit more noisy than a simple resistance-heater---but that's a PLUS because there's zero "heater smell" that resistance units always have because they super-heat the air passing through them. And, the noise was no more than a typical in-room refrigerator; indeed, I've been in high-end hotels with noisier heaters.
I always leave my shoes by the door when entering after walking through slush & dirt spread on it. They were not cold when put on in the morning; that means there was NO DRAFT under the door--outside temp was 28-degrees with a breeze.
The relatively large refrigerator was so quiet that it couldn't be heard with the quality/large flat screen TV on at normal volume. The desk was functional with a 110v outlet right at the base of the pleasant & functional desk lamp.
Finally, the breakfast was more than adequate and included a waffle maker & quality coffee from a unit that makes it as it's dispensed.
BOTTOM LINE:
This room would be considered acceptable for rates in the $200 range, over THREE times my off-season rate.

Room Tip: The east-side rooms, perhaps 1/4 of all, might have road noise. But my west-side room was quiet des...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JimboTma
Downey, California
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I recently stayed here for more than one night, the room was clean, comfortable, and most importantly the bed was just right-- not too hard and not too soft. Both AJ and Grace were very helpful and nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Caren G
Stayton, Oregon
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just what I've come to expect from hotels these days: decent service at a decent price. Gracie and Hanna helped make my stay as comfortable as possible. I particularly liked the complimentary home-style breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mobile_Mister
Nelson
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

This place looks appealing and the price seemed fair. The devil is in the details. Had difficulty sleeping due to the extremely noisy heating unit, it would run for 10 minutes, turn off, and come back on a minute later. Terrible draft from under the door, I finally put pillows there and that helped some.

Internet was intermittent, was told it was an iPad problem. Really? The hot breakfast advertised on the sign out front consisted of make your own waffles, the rest was standard toast and cereal stuff. Really bad coffee.

That said, the room decor, bed, towels, and amenities were fine. But if you can't sleep because of heater noise, that's all irrelevant.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
BWISB, General Manager at Bend Inn Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Rick S,

I’m so sorry to hear about the heater keeping you up at night. I will have our maintenance engineer inspect the heating/AC unit for that room right away. Also, I understand your frustration with your iPad losing Internet connection. With our new access point slated to be installed on that side of the building, wireless access for tablets will be much better.

I’ll also reevaluate our use of Maxwell House coffee for our breakfast.

Once again I apologize for the problems you experienced and hope you’ll consider giving us another try.

Luke Johnson, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bend hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 19, 2013

my husband and i dropped in on an october weekend. brendan, the clerk was super friendly and knowledgable! we asked for a pizza recommondation, not only did he recommend a great place, but went as far as printing out a menu for us! the room was really nice, with a flat screen tv and comfy/clean bed. all the ammenities were included, such as breakfast and wifi. we price checked all over town, and have stayed at other bend hotels...nothing comes close for the price. would recommend for anyone.

1 Thank portlandrea