“Good location and cozy”

Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Good location and cozy”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My favorite part was the bed. It was super comfortable. It is near enough to the highway to not get lost, and there is plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. I liked the free breakfast options, so I made sure to get up every morning in time for breakfast. It was also about 95 degrees during my stay (I am from a temperate climate...) so their pool and A/C were amazing. I stayed for a few nights and would stay there again if I made it back to Bend. My boyfriend would have liked a fitness room, but with all the rock climbing and walking we did he really didn't need it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed August 15, 2012

...then I guess you shouldn't complain. My girlfriend and I were on a return roadtrip from Lake Tahoe, and called around looking for a room in Bend. This was the first place that had vacancy.
It should have been a clue when the 2 staff members at the front desk were more interested in continuing an inside joke while laughing and giggling, than dealing with us. The thick book on marijuana that one of the clerks was carrying around might have been a hint.
We got our room and carried our bags in, reminded of bygone days of motor inns. The bed was as old as I am, as was the massive 20" television.
Ultimately, we couldn't gripe as we got what we paid for at $122 per night with no other options. Tragically, my opinion took a turn for the worse when it was time to shower the next morning. I can take poor service, and shabby accomodations in stride, but finding multiple culture of mold in the shower stall was more than I could stomach.
I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk at check out, and beyond declaring that was gross, nothing else was said.
Lodger beware, if you have to choose between this lodge and a tent, consider carefully.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bend hotels

Ridgefield, Washington
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel rooms are all on the outside, right next to the freeway, which can be very loud. They do have a nice little outdoor pool w/ some lounge chairs. Rooms were smaller an average, even double bed rooms. It does have a free continental breakfast which I would consider to be on the lower end of average. If this is your last option in town, take it. But I would guess there are better options. Not terrible, but probably not where I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Woody1313
Gig Ha
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was our first trip to Bend. We had a wonderful trip! The staff members at Bend Inn and Suites were helpful and informative; this town has no shortage of entertainment! The hotel has kind of cozy rooms but they are clean and quiet. We also had an opportunity to enjoy the pool, again kind of small but we had it to ourselves and it was clean and refreshing.
Overall, we could not have wished for much more and we will defiantly be coming back :)

Room Tip: The AC worked great so the top floor was comfy :)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcy S
Silver Lake, Oregon
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very comfortable setting, nice pool and overly friendly staff. The young girl at the front desk was very knowledgeable and helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank joseph R
The Dalles, Oregon, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2012

after our first night at this hotel we came back to our room after our morning conference to find a needle on the bathroom floor, our bed was made and trash taken out. after going to the front office to find the contact name for the owner of this hotel i found none and not even comment cards in the lobby. the staff did apologize and come to the room to dispose of the syringe. Hands down worst hotel experience ever. in now way do I feel comfortable here. We stayed the rest of our trip at the red lion

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Harley P
toowoomba
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here on14/4/12 the young male staff member who checked us in was friendly polite informative a real benefit to the motel. The room was clean & quiet and large. The decor was very good.It was within walking distance to shops & resturants & handy to get back onto the highway for our departure the next day. Breakfast was a very nice continental breakfast with fresh fruit, cereal , waffels & such. I would certainly recommend the Bend Inn & suites to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple