“Great value- nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Bend

La Quinta Inn Bend
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Buffalo, NY
“Great value- nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We enjoyed our 3 night stay at this hotel. Nicely maintained, quiet clean neat nice room. The bed was VERY comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice pool.
Breakfast was included. We found it a great value and would surely return on our next trip to Bend.
One caution: for those who have trouble navigating stairs- need to be sure to book first floor room as the once negative is that there is no elevator to upper floors- although a little surprising for this quality of hotel- it did not bother us at all.
We

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a first floor room if you have trouble navigating stairs
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I looked for pet friendly places to stay and this was on the top of my list. Firstly, I arrived about 7 p.m. and was told "no rooms in the entire town" as there was an event happening. Then, was told to check back later if there was a no show. I called back and they said come on back that there was a room. On the second floor. No elevators. Dirty carpets.
Okay, I could have dealt with that on a less than $100. per night room but they charged me almost $175.00 for one night. Nothing special about the room, dirty tape stuck to the carpet in my room. Hair dryer did not work. They do have a "fair" breakfast lay out for those wanting breakfast.

Room Tip: If you can't take stairs then find another hotel. There are no elevators here.
    • 3 of 5 stars
Vicki B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bend, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
I am very sorry you were so disappointed, a quick phone call to the desk would have solved your hair dryer issue as the breaker had flipped and we could have fixed that in no time flat. I am guessing you pulled up the "dirty tape" as we looked everywhere in the room and could not find it. That would have not been necessary as we would have come and made that right also.
And yes we do not have an elevator so the only room we had was one on third floor which is one flight up and I am sorry the desk did not tell you no elevator when you called back and found a cancellation we usually are very good about that but obviously in this case we did fail.
Buhl, Idaho, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

What a great Hotel!!! The employees were very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was quiet. Most of all the breakfast was AWESOME! It would have cost me $40 to $50 to feed my family that kind of a breakfast at a restaurant.

Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel is looking a little run down but rooms were clean. Hallway carpet in sad need of replacement. Front desk staff were very helpful because I was not aware that this hotel did not have an elevator. My family does not do stairs very well. Fortunately, we were able to get rooms on first floor. Breakfast was usual La Quinta fare.

Room Tip: See note about no elevator
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We decided to stay here because we had such good experiences from the La Quinta in Lynnwood, Washington. When we arrived, we were told we were placed on the 2nd floor and there were no elevators. The person who checked us in didn't bother to explain to us how to turn on the air con which required placing a card in this machine by the door. That was not a big deal because my husband figured it out. The room was tired looking and was in need of some renovation. There was four of us and none of us slept that night because the bed was so uncomfortable. The Wifi didn't work and so we tried to phone the front desk. Well, the phone didn't work as well. When I went to front desk the next morning, I noticed two other customers had complaints about their rooms as well. Definitely won't stay here again.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank Mr. John L
Vicki B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bend, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I am sorry you were disappointed, we try to explain to all new guests how our AC system works and I am very sorry that didn't happen with you for your stay, Our WIFI was up and running so I am not sure what problem you had but we certainly would have been glad to help you with it. We almost always can get you on to our WIFI and if the desk can't then support usually can, I can only think of once instance this last week that support could not help the guest and I can't explain why they couldn't and we did apologize to that guest for tech supports "non-support". Most of our guest love our beds and want to know where they can get them I am sorry that you did not find them comfy.
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

From the minute we walked in until 4 days later when we checked out, the staff treated us like we were the only ones there. Our room with the new a/c card access was pretty awesome. Never an issue with parking. Hot tub was nice and hot. Pool was clean. Room was perfect. And surprisingly quiet to be on the lobby level. It's in a commercial area so nothing fancy around it, but very convenient to Walmart for those things you forgot at home (right across the street) and a little bar next door that had tons of local IPAs and pretty darned good chicken wings. Also, even though it is on the 'south' end of town, it's super convenient to get anywhere you need to go...The staff, however, made this what it was for us. The hotel was sold out and I worried we would not have adequate space or food for breakfast, but simply not the case. Biscuits and gravy with sausage, dual waffle irons, fruit.. much more than a continental breakfast elsewhere would have offered. I will stay here again and again if you promise me I can continue to go back :).

Portland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just did not have the flavor of a quality hotel for the price paid. I've had better breakfasts at a substandard hotel room. And all the nice things that make it worth the price. We travel a lot and usually spend less on a hotel. But have decided to upgrade for comfort and niceness. But this was to me the quality of a lower priced hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vicki B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bend, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I am sorry you were disappointed, we do try to make all guests stays enjoyable.