“Not worth the money!”
Review of La Quinta Inn Bend

La Quinta Inn Bend
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Spent $150 a night for a super 8 looking dark room in the basement with rocks for pillows. The hotel controlled the temp so it would not go below 75 at night. You could hear your neighbors getting up and showering. The minute we got into our room, we smelled something funny. Couldnt put our finger to it. After being in the room, the toilet starting plugging up every time you went to the bathroom. Got a plunger from the maid to take care of the problem. After lots of toilet issues, and water going into the sink area onto the carpet, I had enough. We were on our way to a soccer game, and I asked to have a new room by the time I got back. The front desk told me I had to drop everything and change room at that very moment despite the soccer game. Because they did not want to wait on me to rent out my current room! Yes, the room with all the toilet water onto the carpet!! Sure enough, when we got back to the hotel, some unfortunately guest got our old room! Wouldnt recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vicki B, Manager at La Quinta Inn Bend, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

My apologies that your stay did not meet expectations.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The directions to get to the hotel takes you through the business district which was difficult. As we later learned, that is the more direct way to find it. The staff was accommodating for a ground floor room. The room was clean and the bed was super. We used the laundry which was also clean. That is unusual in most we've stayed in. Breakfast was adequate. All in all a pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was a real nice motel to stay in in Bend Oregon. The staff was always friendly, and helpful when needed. The bed was very comfortable (pillow-top), and the room was quiet, so had a good nights sleep. It was conveniently located on the South end of town, so didn't have to actually drive into town to get to it. The breakfast was more than adequate, with decent variety. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Wonderfully clean room, comfortable bed, centrally located for all our day trips.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. The place is obviously old and in need of upgrade. Carpets are worn, which I understand, but also dirty, which I do not - there's no excuse. The room is very basic considering the cost. There is a lot of road noise from Bus97, immediately adjacent. Finally, the free breakfast is worth every cent I paid - it's lousy. I've stayed in probably 10 hotels on this current road trip, and this breakfast ranks dead last, and it's the most expensive hotel so far. No meat - cold hard boiled eggs (yuck) - yogurt and cold cereal are about it.

There are many other equivalently priced options in the Bend area and I would recommend trying any of the others before coming here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple