“Unbelieveable! the audacity of these people”

Bend Riverside Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Portland
“Unbelieveable! the audacity of these people”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2009

I was going to leave a decent review despite waking the first night to the tempered glass shower door falling on my six year old, of course due to the maintenance neglecting to put the roller in that hooks the door to the tract, (it was sitting right above the shower on the ledge). The room being filthy, broken microwave, and the woman at the counter. The door didn't brake and my son was for the most part o.k. however, when I displayed my dismay to the woman at the counter the next morning she said "she understood and would comp my room for the prior night". O.K. we stayed and upon leaving she rang up the bill and said instead of going to comp my room she would give us a $25 credit. "No", we said "comp our room", and they did. I suppose the negligence of some people with regard to safety of their guests, is made up by the fact of doing the right thing when faced with a potential lawsuit. Regards!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyguyPortland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

For the $$, this was a good place to stay. Our room had a great view of the river. If your a skier, there were places to put your ski's. The rooms have small kitchen's and are more like small apartments. There's an indoor pool and Hot Tub, plus the Sauna. The area was somewhat not too clean, but being that it was winter, and they do get a lot of snow and Ski people, there was ice on the roads, hence mud as it melted, so it would be hard to keep it clean until Spring time.
The Front Desk workers where indifferent and seemed bored to be there, but did their job. No elevators, so if you are staying on an upper floor, know that you will be hauling luggage up the stairs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2009

We've stayed at the Bend Riverside several times, the last visit was January, 2009. I like the hotel, the location, and the price. We stayed for $64 night on January 1st and 2nd, which is high season.
The hotel is in a clean, quiet area next to a park. It is walking distance to downtown. The rooms are clean and quiet, however the walls are thin, so assuming you have good neighbors, there is no other noise. The standard room is small, but all we needed. We have also stayed in the suite in the past, which had a kitchen and a fireplace.
They offer tea, coffee, and hot chocolate 24 hours a day, and a computer with internet access in the reception area. The staff wasn't especially friendly, but they were helpful and answered all of our questions.
I would recommend this hotel for an inexpensive, clean, and quiet stay. Nothing fancy, but comfortable and a good location.

• Liked — location, price, cleanliness
  • Disliked — thin walls, staff could be more friendly
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
So. California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2008

Lost reservation and confirm number. Bad attitude - canceled return stay. Below average room for money.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Bend hotels

FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2008

We booked through Expedia and had a confirmation number and the credit card processed yet the hotel said that it didn't count and they would have to run it a second time because we booked too close to our arrival date. Then they said that they couldn't give us the same rate.

Prior to arrival we attempted to book over the phone and we were told they only had one room and it was a studio for $120. This was crazy in our mind for a hotel that is more of an 80s apartment complex. There was NO ONE AROUND when we arrived and we didn't get put in a room with a kitchen so that was a LIE.

Most of the buildings appear to be rental apartments and there is junky furniture and broken bikes on the porches of the first few apartments as you enter. There is no view of the river for 90% of the rooms and I would guess those few that have a view beyond a parking lot---they are rented long term.

The hotel is not near to downtown, like the majority of other inns, b&bs, and motels. You will have to drive to get food and other services.

OUR MAIN ISSUES:
The TV remote was not working. After a long drive, all I wanted to do was to relax. I called and asked for batteries to be brought over (our building was BLOCKS from the office). I was told she couldn't leave the desk. Fine I would get dressed and come - but no. Then I was told they had no batteries. I suggested getting one from the remote in the lobby or another room. In the end was told I couldn't enter another room and SORRY. $#@*&U. This was ridiculous. There was no way to change the channels without a remote. I have never had such RUDE service. the front desk attendant needs to find another job she seems unhappy and she exhibited this towards another guy when we booked also.

The room was ghetto. not updated for a while and a piece of scrap wood paneling was hung over a closet--kinda creepy. The TV was tiny and up high and all the wires hung down across the room. The window was right on a walkway that everyone takes to get to rooms (so no real privacy) and I had to work hard to get the curtains to completely closed.

MOST IMPORTANTLY THERE IS NO BREAKFAST (coffee pot only). You can get SO MUCH MORE at even the 70s Econolodge which is downtown and only $47 with a rest stop coupon from the free travel magazines

Also the pool....gross and surrounded by parking lots.

This place is nothing more than a bed. They advertise being off the main road and on a river, but more accurately it would be said "not convenient to downtown and on the main trucking route - don't ask questions"

• Liked — leaving it
  • Disliked — no door tags and the cleaning people knocking over 15 minutes for the last 2 hours!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, UT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2008

The room was kindly booked for me as I was coming to Bend for business. I was not sure what to expect after reading several of the reviews. I asked for an iron upon checking in and was provided a new iron and a miniature ironing board. The small ironing board was not ideal but it was better than nothing. The room did NOT smell and was fine. Since I was here for business I wanted an internet connection and was concerned it may be dial-up...it was not. They have an unsecured wireless network but average to poor signal strength. I did not use the pool so I will not comment on that. I think it is a good place to stay for the $. It is not the Four Seasons but it is not like staying with Fred & Wilma Flintstone either!

• Liked — Close to town.
  • Disliked — Poor internet connectivity.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank dgmartini
Vestal, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2007

I have stayed here on three different occasions; this motel is very reasonably priced and well located on the river just a short walk from the desirable part of downtown. I would recommend this motel to anyone who wants a peaceful, clean, no frills motel.

• Liked — value and location
  • Disliked — parking setup
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo