“Skiing, caving, breweries, galleries, or golf anyone?”

Bend Riverside Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The ski club I belong to as well as several others I got to know enjoyed a week of skiing and touring the High Desert area around Bend, Oregon. We skied at Mt. Bachelor - a lovely mountain - and could have golfed and hiked at the same time had we wished to do so. The hotel had a wonderful buffet breakfast included, a shuttle bus to the slopes and nice bar and restaurant for any who did not wish to venture into Bend for the evening. The first Friday are gallery tours. The people in Bend are friendly and kind. I toured the High Desert Museum, a lava cave and part of the group took a day at Crater Lake to snowshoe and picnic. Although skiing conditions were variable, the mountain Ambassadors made sure we found our way to the best places to ski each day. I look forward to returning to Bend. This hotel was located on the Dechutes River. Lovely.

Room Tip: I liked being on the river but all rooms that I saw were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 121Cintia
There are newer reviews for Bend Riverside Inn & Suites

Reviewed April 12, 2014

so our ski club stayed at this hotel, resteraunt, bar and the accomadations were more than adequate. comfortable beds, clean , and nicely handled two adults rooming together with the pull down murphy bed. The resteraunt and bar had great food, great selection of brews, and a the most pleasant folks taking care of our every need. The free shuttle service folks took us to and from town and also most accomadateing.......

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank capecodsteve100
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed here again as it continues to have all of the things that I look for in a room, including a well stocked full kitchen, walking distance to downtown, and that wonderful rushing river right in front of our room. The first night we were put in a 3rd floor room because we were told when we booked the room that there were no rooms available with 2 beds on the ground floor level. So we hauled our stuff up the stairs and were fine with that...until late at night when our next door neighbor had a very loud friend come banging on the door. He came back again at 1:30 and banged and banged and banged on the door. I threatened to call the police and then he left but by then I was wide awake and not able to get to sleep the rest of the night. When I told the manager about this in the morning he was very concerned and offered to move us to another room on the 1st floor in a different building. We gladly accepted this offer and were happy with our new digs. Of course it was not their fault that we had a bad apple next door to us the first night, but upon check out, he gave us our room for half price for the first night. I will be back again for sure. Bend Riverside Inn is my Bend home-away-from-home.

Room Tip: Ground floor river view is best if you can get it. Well worth the difference in price. The building...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank BandonBeachlover
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night. We got there very late from being stuck in a snowstorm. We have a young infant with and the place was very empty but what room did we get... An upstairs room right next to several other families. Come to find out the rooms are not at all insulates and could hear everything all night. Our toilet ran all night long. And the lights outside are very bright even with the blinds closed. The TV is very old and fuzzy. They advertised a sleeper sofa in a queen bedroom for the 79.99 yet I did not see that in our room?? The topper is that that we called and made the reservation the day before and forgot to mention our AAA and let the rude front desk lady know when we were checking out and she said it was too late and would not give us our discount. That really was upsetting. We will not be staying at the hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Alovetraveler
Reviewed December 7, 2013

While waiting for my new home to become available, I stayed at the Bend Riverside Motel. I had a studio suite which was sufficient for my needs: small kitchen area, couch and Murphy bed. Compact and cozy. Given the time of year, I also enjoyed the gas fireplace. The location is great and convenient. My unit overlooked the river and had it been summer, I could have left the patio door open and heard the river throughout the day. I could access the Deschutes River Trail and go into the heart of downtown within about 15 minutes. There is also a swimming pool, but the hot tub switch was tempermental and only worked occasionally.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank RaftingGuy1945
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great restaurant and very nice convention rooms/space. Love being right along side the river, scenic. House specialty drinks were awesome in their bar. Rooms are nice, spacious...on the older side but fine. They are limited in their handicap accessible rooms so if they book the 3 or 4? they have one of our friends in a chair was reserved in an upstairs room with no elevator! Not so smart. Enjoyed the location and the hotel and restaurant overall.

Room Tip: Want along side the river view...and the mini suites are a good value.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LittlebearUSA
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place is right on the Dechutes River at the "overflow" section, so the water was flowing and beautiful. We had a "studio" room with a full kitchen and a fireplace, which overlooks the river and has a balcony. I wouldn't recommend a standard room as they are VERY small and do not have a water view. This is an old property and the rooms are individually owned, so each one is decorated differently. Many are a bit dingy and not maintained well. HOWEVER, all that being said, we found it to be in an ideal location, wonderful view and adequately comfortable. The park next to the motel is a great place to just wander and relax. The view across the river has big beautiful homes that are nice to look at. We didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked ok. Again, very old, but looked clean. The covered parking is also a plus and there seems to be adequate spaces, so you don't have to search around for one. The price was reasonable, so I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra few dollars and get a studio room or one of the cottages as they overlook the water...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple