“Better than the poor reviews”

Bend Riverside Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed April 8, 2008

The room was kindly booked for me as I was coming to Bend for business. I was not sure what to expect after reading several of the reviews. I asked for an iron upon checking in and was provided a new iron and a miniature ironing board. The small ironing board was not ideal but it was better than nothing. The room did NOT smell and was fine. Since I was here for business I wanted an internet connection and was concerned it may be dial-up...it was not. They have an unsecured wireless network but average to poor signal strength. I did not use the pool so I will not comment on that. I think it is a good place to stay for the $. It is not the Four Seasons but it is not like staying with Fred & Wilma Flintstone either!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank dgmartini

Reviewed September 15, 2007

I have stayed here on three different occasions; this motel is very reasonably priced and well located on the river just a short walk from the desirable part of downtown. I would recommend this motel to anyone who wants a peaceful, clean, no frills motel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank rjr0810
Reviewed August 9, 2007

Spacious room with nice kitchenette. Our room was near falls on river, so nice to sleep to the sound of the river. Bottom story room opened onto a grassy lawn near the river. Good view of the river from room. Small issues would improve the room: light switch at entryway was broken and screen door had no lock and screen was ripped. Foldaway couch was fairly comfortable. Enclosed heated pool and jacuzzi and sauna and changing rooms were excellent. Cost was a bit high but worth it for riverside rooms.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2007

My husband and son stayed here last weekend. They were in town for a big model rocketry launch held out near Brothers, Oregon. I made the reservations on the phone a month to 6 weeks ahead. I had called around a bunch of locations ( we usually stay in Sunriver if we are there a longer time) and while it was a good value and location the lady on the phone was less then friendly ,but ,we all have our days. It does make for a little worry though, just that it will be ok and that you will feel welcome. I called a few days ahead to confirm and actually drop the last night off the reservation as we had a death in the family. I told them we could do with a smaller room since It was now only two people. They must have been booked or the smaller rooms were because they didn't have a smaller room to move them to. They were very accomidating in changing the reservation to fewer nights though. The room was just fine and more than siuted all their needs though they were not there much. There was a full kitchen and a lovely balcony with a river veiw. They were on the third floor and they wished there was an elevator to aid in the luggage and rocket stuff making it up three floors. Overall it was fine- they would stay again and I was the one doing the price checking and it was a good value.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed August 1, 2007

I WOULD NOT STAY AGAIN......When my husband and I walked into our room it had a terrible odor. I called the front desk and was told there were no other rooms available. I was offered room deodorizer and the girl said...well you are only staying one night anyway..........The room had no clock, no hair dryer, no iron, most of which are standard at other hotels......and the pillows were bad.........

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2006

My husband and I had read about the Bend Riverside Suites on here and knew it would be a good backup plan if we couldn't get a room at the St. Francis School We were planning on staying in a cheapo room, but when we got there I asked him what else was available. He let us see the last riverview room he had available and it was AMAZING.

It was right on the river, right by the waterfall. We had a mini kitchen in the room and while we didn't need it, it was a nice place to keep our beer cold. The hotel is quite close to town, the room was super clean, the customer service was great. We saved about $20 on the other place, and the best part was that we had a wonderful time. Different than the St. Francis School, but we will have this on our list of places to stay in Bend next time. It was different than the *bar in the hotel* types of places, but it was lovely. They were in the midst of repainting, and there was some obvious maintenance going on so if you thought it needed upgrading it looks like they are doing it. I thought it was lovely anyway. It is right next to Pioneer Park and was just a great location.

If you stay in one of the cheaper rooms it may not be the 5 star hotel it never professed to be, but our room was lovely. They don't provide shampoo *gasp* but I will go back.

If you are looking for a room in Bend I would have no problems recommending the Bend Riverside, and I am a picky monster.

Stayed: November 2006
6  Thank SurprisingWoman
Reviewed September 6, 2006

The Bend Riverside Motel has some great potential but sure needs a little care. The outside areas around the doors, and especially the stairwells, looked like it needed some maintence work, a little paint and new carpet would go a long way. We had a queen studio, which gave us plenty of room, but was just a bit rundown. Not dirty mind you, just a bit tired looking. The kitchen area worked out well, you can easily make a full meal. Maid service was spotty, one day no coffee or trash removal, the next day almost spotless. We walked into town every day, about 10 minutes away. They have a computer in the lobby to use, I was able to get our boarding passes, which was nice. The staff was very helpfull and kind also. If they would just spiff this place up a bit, it could be great!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family