“Bottle opener anyone?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Sydney, Australia
“Bottle opener anyone?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable. Not too small. .
Breakfast was OK, I guess.
Riverside setting over rated.
Brought a nice beer back but no opener in the room. Went to reception. No one had one nor cared much. Got sent to the next building to ask at the restaurant. Feeling now like someone who looked like he had an alcohol problem i took off 80m down the road. There someone kindly helped but not before giving me the look of "what is this boy doing walking into a restaurant with a bottle in his hand?"
Ok there are bigger problems in the world than this but really, this is an easy one to fix. Welcome to brewing and wine country!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank 1dales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I'm a regular at this place and usually get steady, decent service at a reasonable price. This stay was way different!! Was woken up by construction crew with heavy duty blowers making enough noise to wake the dead. When I looked out the window a worker was blowing debris all over my new truck. Upon asking him to please blow his dirt elsewhere the worker replied that he was just doing his job and I needed to talk to the manager. He then continued to blow crap all over my newly detailed pick-up. When I brought it up to the manager I was told, "I'll look into it". Meanwhile my wife and I were told that we needed to be out within 1/2 hour. We made it but the whole experience left a bad taste in our mouths. I would have expected the management to give some warning about the impending work on the parking lot the night before. I would also have expected the management to be more supportive of the customer when faced with complaints of rudeness by any staff working on their grounds. I'm dissapointed with my stay and will probably book elsewhere next time I'm through Bend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank OCMC69

Travelers are raving about these Bend hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We just stayed at this motel in August and it is not your typical motel/hotel. The price is appealing, being one of the cheaper accommodations in Bend, but this property needs work. The pros: The room was clean, location was easy, setting on the river is beautiful. Cons: Outdated, smells, no hot water in shower (just warm), pool freezing, hot tub was warm, bedding was outdated, beds uncomfortable and tight parking. This property is a condo association, which some residents are permanent, some are monthly and others vacationing. It just did not have the full service amenities that a hotel/motel should offer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank amimtravel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This place is walking distance from downtown right on the Deschutes River. If you can score a unit in one of the buildings on the river even better. The river erases the noise of the streets and nearby freeway in addition to being very beautiful. The studio units are clean, comfortable, and some even have covered parking. There is an indoor pool which I did not use, as well as a pretty city park adjacent to the property. With AAA discount this is a super value as well. Friendly staff.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank T P
santa clarita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I give an excellent review because I love the water and I loved the view from our motel room. The waterfall pretty much filled the entire window. The room (a "cottage"-sounds like a separate residence but it's more like a one story motel, with side by side rooms ) is simple, cabin like, with a kitchenet (no oven) but there were burners and a microwave. It's not fancy-scmantzy with renovated marble floors and state of the art decor. We DID have a flat screen. The staff are friendly and responive. There's a glassed-in pool and hot tub. Continental BK which you'll probably take back to your room because the lobby is small. (I didn't know there was BK because the book just mentions coffee). Oh, and there's no decaf in the room and no shower caps or lotion. You can request a hairdryer.
It's right next to a beautiful riverfront park with a trail in a natural setting with a couple park benches and tables. (no lawns) Pinetrees and wild plants abound. People have made little rock wall boundaries in the river so you can swim alittle if you can bear the cold.
My only complaint: we were there during a big conference, the members of whom decided to BBQ and party right infront of our window in the afternoon !!!! AWKWARD!
We booked late so we had to change rooms to the 3 story building in a room without a view. The conference people ALSO had meetings in the parking lot in the early morning. This room did not have a flat screen or kitchen or view.
So: book early for the waterfront rooms when there are no conferences going on.
The 3 story buildings did have waterfront rooms. I can't speak about them but they are not as close to the river as the cottages. View or not, you can still have the convenience of waking up and walk along the river.
There are wonderful places to eat and calm river parks to go tubing in Bend. Good food, fresh air, waterfalls. Yay!

Room Tip: If you like the sound and view of the river, pick one of the cottages. If you pick the 3 story bui...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cullodenmermaid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This motel is incredibly clean and comfortable! It's dated but so clean it doesn't matter. For me to say that is a shocker because I'm a hotel snob. This motel is much cleaner than newer ones that I've stayed at in Bend. The bed is comfortable, the bedding well kept, the full kitchen very clean and stocked with a few basic dishes. The bathroom is also immaculately clean and well kept. The river view is beautiful and it was very quiet there, too. We weren't able to hear our neighbors as much as a typical hotel either. We already have made our reservation and will be going back soon!

Room Tip: Get a riverside room if available, it's worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jeanne819606
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We requested what I thought was a family room but it was two adjoining rooms, one being a suite w/ kitchenette and bath, the other just a room with a bath. It was like a studio apartment with a view of the Deschutes River from a balcony. Even though it was dated, it was clean and even had a dishwasher.
Pool and hot tub were okay but not our reason for staying. We were on the third floor and had to trek up stairs with all our luggage and coolers. It would have been nice to have an elevator. The riverfront had a trail that went up to a park which was nice and the river itself was spectacular, even for being in town
If we come back to the area, I could see us staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family