“good service”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
oregon
“good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My hubby and I took his grandma out for a little dinner date here and had such great service for a little dive type eatery. The food was tasty and not too pricey. Grandma loved the mountain views from the windows, what an added bonus

• Visited April 2013

Bend, Oregon
“Some good some not”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just tried their volcano chicken, it was very tasty, great spice on it. I ordered the macaroni salad as a side, the taste was bland, no taste what so ever. I asked others who felt the same. I will try again but try other sides for sure.

• Visited April 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Not a great choice, unfortunately.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We tried Kona Mix Plate for a late afternoon lunch, but were very disappointed. The teriyaki chicken bowl I ordered was so salty I couldn't eat it, and when I asked the server about it, all she could say was "Huh. Never had any complaints on it before." No offer of anything different, no apology-- not even really interested in my opinion. But seriously, I thought the cook had probably spilled the salt box into the food. My wife's order was okay, but not memorable in the least. We won't be back.

• Visited January 2013
“Best food ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We come all the way from Sacramento California to eat here. There are many Hawaiian place here and all of them can't even come close to this place. Keep up the good work!

Portland, Oregon
“Incredible. You won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I live a good two-hour drive from Bend and don’t get into town very often, but yesterday I was going into town to run some errands and to have lunch with a friend. We were interested in eating somewhere around the Old Mill District and so I read many reviews on TA. This one intrigued us as it had a huge selection of menu items so it would be easy to please our different palates.

Don’t let the name or location fool you! If you’re not sure if you would like Hawaiian food, put those thoughts aside. You’ll love it! If you don’t like the idea that this small restaurant has a strip-mall feel and right next door to the cinema, don’t hesitate to try them out. You won’t be disappointed. They are truly a hidden gem in the city.

The owners, Sheri & Ricky Kim, are on-site and both really take their business seriously, offering truly authentic Hawaiian food with the freshest of ingredients. If they are out of an item on their menu, know that they have run out of the FRESHEST INGREDIENTS and they will not substitute a poorer quality item. I love that.

It took them a lot of ‘trial & error’ in order to find the best, consistent purveyors in order to ensure the highest quality of all the ingredients in their restaurant. They make all their sauces from scratch (time consuming, but the results are to die for) and all of the menu items are cooked to order. It doesn’t get any fresher than this unless you were on Kona and getting your fish right from the docks as the boats come in!

Sheri & Ricky started their restaurant in Hawaii and Bend is fortunate that they landed in Central Oregon—allowing us a genuine taste of Hawaii!

So, since this was my first time here, I don’t have a lot of recommendations (but I’ll be going back and trying something new every time).

Almost every menu item allows you to choose two sides:
- 2 scoops white or one brown rice
- French Fries
- 1 scoop Grandma’s famous PotatoMac Salad
- Tossed Green Salad (Ranch, Italian, or 1000 Island)
- Steamed Broccoli

I had the Bulgogi: very thin slices of beef marinated in a garlic sauce. My sides were brown rice and the tossed green salad without dressing. They nicely put a lemon wedge on my salad. The beef was moist and tender and the flavor was incredible. I’d have this again in a heartbeat if I didn’t want to try other items. I’ve heard the PotatoMac is amazing, so that will definitely be one of my next choices.

My friend had the Mahi-Mahi (a favorite fish of mine) and you can get the fresh fish broiled, sautéed, or deep fried. I can’t imagine taking such a wonderful, fresh fish and deep frying it, but the choice is yours. Our Mahi-Mahi was broiled and served with a homemade tartar sauce, but you can also get it with their homemade teriyaki or hot sauce. So, lots of options for the picky eater. The fish was very flavorful and perfectly cooked. It was served with brown rice and steamed broccoli.

Final recommendation: GO! YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED!

• Visited January 2013