“Consistent high quality”

Croutons Incorporated
Ranked #107 of 478 Restaurants in Bend
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Croutons has salads nailed. And sandwiches and soup too, for that matter. Which is good, since that is all they serve.

I live in Bend, and there are a number of places where I have had an excellent meal, only to return for a disappointing second experience. With Croutons, EVERY meal is ALWAYS excellent--you can depend on it. The salads are imaginative with the very freshest ingredients. The sandwiches are hearty, and the soups are varied and wonderful.

I admit, though, that most of the time I get my order to go. The service is wonderful, but the ambiance isn't the greatest, unless you are there in the summer and can eat out on the deck. While the restaurant is sparkling clean and cheery inside, it is crowded and loud--hard to have a conversation without having to shout (and thus adding to the din). How I wish they would install some carpeting and put some booths in to break up the noise.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I love love love Croutons. When I don't feel like driving across town, I order them from bendtakeout.com :). Their food is always fresh; I've never gotten wilted lettuce or anything that looks funky. The paninis and soups are also good (even though I'm partial to salads); the hummus is good but not special.

Their service is fantastic! They are always willing to customize salads/orders, and everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful. They are a little hard to find on the west side - they are right across from Safeway, keep your eyes open :). Opening by the end of 2012 on the east side - can't wait!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

When our family suggested we visit a soup and salad restaurant I balked because I pictured boring boring boring. Croutons was a wonderful surprise. The service is friendly and helpful. If you have special request for your salad, they don't make a fuss. Soups are outstanding and yummy! Even for those who aren't crazy about veggies will love the variety of tasty salads offered. Meat, chicken, fruit, cheese...whatever...it's your choice! They have two servings sizes, so they can satisfy most anyones appetite. This is definitely on our 'go to' list.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Love Panera but found Croutons salads and soup were even better. The fruit salad was especially great with blueberries, strawberries and crisp lettuce. If we had been given a piece of bread free it would have been even better but we bought the bread and it was enough for two easily.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I like this restaurant. I was a little disappointed when i found out their mac n' cheese was Kraft. but the sandwiches and shops are really good!