“Great dining experience”
Review of Jackalope Grill

Jackalope Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackalope Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 462 Restaurants in Bend
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dining experience at the Jackalope Grill in downtown Bend, OR. The service and food were outstanding. I appreciated the inclusion of small plate items on the menu. You can easily put together a dinner from several of those options. The presentation was beautiful—photo worthy—and the food was exceptionally good. If you enjoy outdoor dining, you’ll appreciate the seating in their enclosed courtyard. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Jackalope Grill

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We haven't been to the new location but we would take out of town guests here, we went more often but now we have two other favorite spots.

2  Thank esc2bend
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I went there for the first time to there new location with friends . The inside is very nice great decor and its quiet enough to have a conversation with out having to raise your voice. The food and service are excellent and they give you a decent pour on a glass of wine. It a little pricey but I will definitely return.

3  Thank Bill N
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We first heard about the Jackalope Grill from a local while we were riding the chair lift at Mt. Bachelor. The locals always know! I wish I had paid better attention to the names of our meals but they were all excellent. We enjoyed a salmon entree, a schnitzel entree and a beef entree as well as a great beet small plate. The bread was served right from the oven with a crispy crust and soft inside. The decor was tasteful and the atmosphere quiet and relaxing. This restaurant will be first on our list when we return to Bend.

4  Thank SnowdriftersNY
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Roasted Candycane Beets with Barrata
2 x Butternut Squash Soup
Mussels
Bacon, Spinach, Blue Cheese Tarte
Field Greens Salad
3 x Gnocchi

We couldn't get past the starters to the mains this time and we now know we will be going back. The only quibble I have is that one of the mussels wasn't as firm as I would have liked. The rest were spot on. The taste of soup I got was heavenly and what I would hope for in a butternut squash soup. The gnocchi was served in a nice thick sauce that wasn't cloying, just smooth and creamy. There's just not a lot that I can say beyond this, but "Yum!"

We had a nice bottle of blanc de blanc off the wine menu. I looked at the wine menu for long enough to note that the range of prices was quite large and the bottles that I know (mostly reds) were good. The blanc de blanc worked well with your starter selection.

The service was pretty darn close to perfectly timed. We never felt rushed and never were left wondering when the next course would come along. The waiter didn't know the wine list, but I'm sure if we had asked there would have been someone there that could have assisted us.

We'll definitely be going back again. I can't wait to get a bit farther down the menu next time, not that I wouldn't be happy with what I had, but because there were plenty of other dishes that sounded wonderful (schnitzel in mushroom sauce?!?!? can't wait).

5  Thank SeattleBuster